Shoppers Drug Mart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shoppers Drug Mart Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.2

Assistant Front Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in North York, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (North York, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

If you have a friend who is in high position there is no questions, just bring your resume. If you don't have a friend there they will ask you the same question as somewhere else.

Retail Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Markham, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

One and one interview. Interview went about no more than 20 mintues. Interview went over by my resume and asking me about my previos experience and optium program provide in the store.

Cosmetician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Very casual process, it was in store where you just sit in the makeup chair, and you get asked a couple questions, just around 20 mins long, they will ask you questions if you know about the brands they carry, and they want to know if you are available to work for the holidays.

Cosmetician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Fast interview from time my application was submitted in person. Friendly, supportive management and staff. Great training. Long-ish, probing interview questions, including salary expectations, why do you want this job, description of sales targets, store culture, must be willing to wear and demonstrate make-up, and work to help control theft.

Interview Questions

• Interview was a "getting to know you": are you friendly, outgoing, polite, can you sell and handle a sometimes stressful sales environment? Do you have flexible availability?   1 Answer

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online in August 2016, scheduled a phone interview with HR rep from Loblaws in Brampton right away. Phone interview was pretty straight forward. Your experiences, personality and future plans.

Was scheduled the next interview early September, 2016 with the Inventory Managers at the SDM office in North York. Interviewed by three inventory managers (1.5 hour), each one of them were in charge of different departments. They all had separate questions prepared. Was pretty basic, again experiences, how comfortable I am working with merchandise and so on. What is supply chain?

Then I literally waited for 2 months to hear anything back, I emailed the HR rep twice because they don't share manager's information with candidates for some reason. and the rep never replied. Extremely unprofessional of such a huge company to do that. Finally heard back from the HR rep in November, saying they took long because managers were busy and couldn't decide between me and one other person but they finally went with an internal candidate who was already an intern. Either way making a candidate wait 2 months to hear back is way too much!!

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call a couple of days later asking me to come in for an interview. The manager was nice and made the interview seem more like a casual conversation. The interview took about 10 minutes. I got a call a few days later telling me I got accepted. Unfortunately, I had to decline the offer because the shift times didn't work with my schedule.

Interview Questions

Shift times didn't work for me.

Cashier Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied in person. got an email two weeks later. There were wo interviews, and I got the offer right after the second interview. It's an easy interview, no suprises or difficult questions.

Assistant Front Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied on line. Received a phone call from the pharmacist/owner within a week. Went in for the interview. Met the owner and went to the consultation room. She asked a bit about my back ground and was not familiar with my current position, thought I worked in head office and how would I adapt to working on the floor. She was not prepared. After being asked for references none of my references were called and I was never called back. Very unprofessional. Not impressed with the interview process here. Be prepared for the candidate.

Interview Questions

• First question what is my wage expectation? After that just basic expectations of the job. Then we walked the floor and I was asked what I saw right and wrong. After we walked the floor was asked for my references and that I would hear back the following week.   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Thomas, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Saint Thomas, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Not much. Just the basics. What experience, flexibility and mode of transportation. Nothing bs like what is ur strengths and weaknesses. had the front store manager and the owner interviewing me. Took about 10 minutes and they asked for references. It was easy and they stressed that weekend availability is a must.

Interview Questions

• What experience, flexibility and mode of transportation   1 Answer

Beauty Boutique Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guelph, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Guelph, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

The Boutique manager welcomed me at the front of the store and we went to the back into an office. She was very friendly and asked me about myself and then started going through interview questions. It felt more like a conversation than an interview and I didn't feel as though I was being graded or critiqued.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past customer service and/or retail experience.   Answer Question