Shoppers Drug Mart Merchandiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 7, 2017

2.0

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

Relatively standard questions easy to answer.

After the interview:
Expected experience stocking shelves, assisting customers, and occasionally spotting theft however we are told to not place ourselves in harms way as it should be. Standard job for beginning employment overall not a horrible experience however I do wish there was more interaction with customers.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about shoppers drug mart?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Shoppers Drug Mart

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Very informal, brief, pretty straightforward questions. The manager was more interested in my availability and if I was capable of being competent on the job. Originally applied as a cashier but merchandisers were more in demand.

Interview Questions

• What is your previous work experience?   1 Answer

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Thomas, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Saint Thomas, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Not much. Just the basics. What experience, flexibility and mode of transportation. Nothing bs like what is ur strengths and weaknesses. had the front store manager and the owner interviewing me. Took about 10 minutes and they asked for references. It was easy and they stressed that weekend availability is a must.

Interview Questions

• What experience, flexibility and mode of transportation   1 Answer

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

I was called in to have an interwiew with the manager. It was a casual interview. The manager told me to come back after an hour to meet the store owner. I waited with other people until the store owner was available.

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, Received an email to go in store for an interview later that week. The manager who interviewed me was very nice. I was nervous before going in for the interview but the manager made me feel very comfortable and the interview was like having a regular conversation. The interview was around 25 minutes. I was expecting very short and simple questions like When are you available? What do you know about Shoppers? Though I was asked these questions, the manager also asked me a bunch of difficult ones (which I cannot recall at the moment) which I found quite hard to answer. Overall, the manager was expecting very specific answers and my answers were not exactly pinpointed to what the manager desired from me.

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview

manager mostly asked about background(references), and explains the duties I would be assigned and if I'm id be capable of doing the job. why I quit my last job and why I'm interested in this one.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Really friendly peaple made the atmosphere great talked slowly, asked general questions, realy easy one, first they explained the job and responsibility for every one and then interview every one seperately with straight forward questions, they want to hire 3 person and 30 person showed up ...
    The questions were easy basically and you can find them on internet using Google They even asked me about my futures and my past life ...

Merchandiser Interview

Interview

only my preoccupation in my life in general, if I want to be part time or full time, I told them I want to be part time. they wanted to check if I was interested to have a career at shoppers and I told them I don't think so because I'm a student !

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

Nothing too crazy. Asked me about myself and when I would be available to work. Waited about a day or 2 to hear back, as I was the last one interviewed.

Interview Questions

• In your past experiences, how did you deal with a difficult scenario (ie. tough customer/co-worker)   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Interview

The entire process was relatively straightforward.
    1. Send in resume/other documents to the store manager either through email or drop off in person
    2. Manager calls backs within a week and arranges 15-30 minute interview (assuming they are hiring/understaffed)
    3. Will hear back yes/no after references have been vetted

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you had previously dealt with at your previous job (or retail job) where you could/did not simply ask your manager to resolve for you? How did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question