Shopzilla Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Shopzilla

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shopzilla (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

write your implementation of Hashtable

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Shopzilla (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Not so great. HR does not follow up at all

Interview Questions

Don't want to ruin my life

Ad Ops Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shopzilla (Santa Monica, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Submitted my application online and was contacted by a member of the ad ops team for a phone interview. After having a great phone conversation, I was invited for an on-site interview to meet with three members of the ad ops team individually. Met with you each member for about 30 minutes. Questions included: why work in e-commerce industry, what do you know about Shopzilla, what do you know about the ad ops space. At the end, I had a 10 minute recap with the head recruiter.

I emailed them about 2 weeks later to check on my progress and was told I did not receive an offer.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Shopzilla (Santa Monica, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview with a senior project manager. The questions asked were pretty basic interview questions. "Whats your management style?" "How do you approach a challenging project/task?". Nothing too difficult but questions that were designed to get to know you.

The second interviews were on site interviews to meet with people. That's where things went south. Everyone I met with had awful attitudes. One person had complained about the company and asked me if I was ready to work constantly and if I would be "committed to the job".

Another person asked me "why should we hire you?" even though I was recruited by them. What's worse is another interviewer laughed and rolled her eyes at me when I told her I read "The Art of the Deal" by Donald Trump.

Affiliate Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shopzilla (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

quick phone interview with someone from hr - no technical questions were asked
    then
    interview with members on team and hr
    then
    interview with above and director of department, each individual interview didn't last more than a half hour

Interview Questions

• dont remember, interview wasn't that challenging. they really interviewed for fit.   Answer Question

Negotiation

i didn't try negotiating. i would recommend negotiating for other people.

Non-engineering Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shopzilla (Santa Monica, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Easy and informal interview style. Arrived on time for my 4:00 PM interview and ended up talking to my interviewer until well after 6:00 PM. The interview covered all of the necessary items but in a very warm, conversational style. Interviewer was very open about the role and scope.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Pay offered was what I was looking for and it's hard to find fault with any of the benefits and perks.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shopzilla in May 2010.

Interview

Referred to the position by a friend inside the company. Introductions were made by phone. 2 Interviews took place by phone, 1 with manager and other with director.

Interview Questions

• The question was about managing up to 300 projects at once.   Answer Question

Java Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shopzilla in May 2010.

Interview

I had an initial phone screening followed by a half day "meet the team" discussion. People were very casual and hyper, but one person (guess the architect) was literally looking for syntax answers. It was probably the reason why I didn't get through. Never mind. But thats something you gotta keep in mind.

Interview Questions

• What is the latest offerings that are up coming on Java 7   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Shopzilla (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in July 2014.

Interview

1 written round + 3 Face to face tech rounds + 1HR...
    Written Round - 1hr( Java MCQs + 5-7 Algo questions)
    1F2F - Core Java + simple algo questions on trees and arrays.
    2F2F - Multithreading + Algo on LinkedList and arrays + questions on collection
    3F2F - with the director(Multithreading questions + Shuffle Deck of Cards program)
    HR - Normal simple questions

Interview Questions

• Core Java Questions, Garbage collector Implementation + Basic Array and Tree questions   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shopzilla (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in January 2012.

Interview

Phone Interview, I was asked for some IT questions, then Background checked, Past work experience, IT skills, SQL, IT's. Aptitude test, Technical test, HR round, Personal info, Induction, company details, post, salary.

Negotiation

NA