ShoreTel Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 26, 2017

2.8

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ShoreTel (Rochester, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Got contacted by HR person through email - asked typical questions such as if I'm legally allowed to work in the US and why I wanted to work at the company. Then got contacted by a manager (phone call interview). Got asked basic behavioral questions and some basic Java/ SQL questions. Pretty simple and straightforward.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing in 5 years?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when someone didn't do their part on a group project   Answer Question
  • Tell me about your experience at a previous workplace   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for ShoreTel

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at ShoreTel in April 2014.

Interview

1) Written round (aptitude, C/C++ programming, datastructures,algorithms
    2) 2 f-f interviews (C/C++, datastructures, Networking, DSP)
    The interview was good.
    The interviewer was a Technical Lead.
    Second round was taken by the India Head.
    Prepare well on datastructures and aptitude and you will clear it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ShoreTel (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview consisted of 4 rounds. The first interview was the hardest and included a tough technical question. The rest of the rounds were not as difficult and consisted mostly of background checks on my resume and courses learned in school, simple programming questions, and thinking questions. The hiring manager did mention at the end of the interview that they would contact me within a week to report their final decision, and the travel coordinator mentioned during the phone call that I would be reimbursed for paying for my flight to their company. Since the interview, I have not received an e-mail from the company about their final decision and plan for reimbursement, and I have been contacting them every single week. If you plan to fly over to this company for an interview, MAKE SURE that they set up your flight itinerary instead of booking your own ticket.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ShoreTel (Austin, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

On campus interview included basic interview questions: post/pre order traversal, strings in java and c, what was a jk flipflop, They asked alot of behavioral questions

I got called in for an onsight interview, it was a round of behavioral interviews followed by a round of technical interviews: what is the difference between TCP and UDP... alot of network protocols

Interview Questions

• why are packets sent using TCP rather than UDP?   1 Answer

Got a better offer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ahmedabad (India)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ShoreTel (Ahmedabad (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

The process started with a series of written tests which consisted of:
    1. C Programming test(mostly tracing of programs)(30 minutes)
    2. CS Fundamentals test(mostly Digital Systems, Computer Organization and Operating Systems)(45 minutes)
    3. Logical Aptitude(No options in this paper)(30 minutes)
    All the papers had +1,-0.5 marking scheme, so proper care was needed to be taken while attempting questions.
    Out of 45 candidates, 10 were selected for the final Interviews.
    All the candidates had to give both Technical and HR Interviews. My first Interview was HR, It was like a typical HR Interview consisting questions like Introduction, will I be comfortable about relocating and all that.
    My second Interview was Technical Interview. He first asked me about my Introduction and what all languages were I familiar with. Then he asked me to explain some of my answers in the previous test. In the end, he just asked me one coding question.

Interview Questions

• A byte is passed as a parameter to a function. And starting from the Most significant position, one bit is represented as 'a', next two bits are represented as 'b', next three bits as 'c', and the last two bits and 'd', then return the decimal value of a+b+c+d.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ShoreTel (Hyderabad (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

My recruitment process was on-campus.The first round was a written test which had two sections. The first section had 15 aptitude questions and the time limit was 45 minutes. The next section had 20 questions related to C/C++ and the time limit was the same. Out of 80 applicants, 12 cleared the written test. There was one round of interview(a mix of both technical and HR). Good communication and analytical skills are the key aspects in the selection process. :)

Interview Questions

• An aeroplane can complete half-round of a circle with the maximum fuel it can hold.How many aeroplanes will be needed so that all the planes reach safely back to the ground.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ShoreTel (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume online, Then very nice recruiter form Shoretel called me and we talked about the projects and the company. We set the phone interview. The phone interview was very good. After phone interview have been invited for onsite interview. In summary I should say wonderful people and great projects.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at ShoreTel (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

one Written round based on aptitude and C, Two Technical rounds on C, DS, OS and networking concepts and some general puzzles will be asked and a HR round. Difficulty level was average.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ShoreTel.

Interview

The process took half a day for me. Had 5 rounds. 2 technical 2 managerial 1 HR.
    1st technical was kind of tough (can say - Not too easy), but answerable kind of question if you have really worked on the things that you are applying for then you will be able to answer them.
    2nd technical was quite tougher. They ask you on what you have been working on and ask your rating out of 10. You will be really screwed according to your ratings. Take care.
    3rd Managerial round was as usual like scenario based questions, CTC, Notice Period and others. In this round there was a bit technical touch.
    4th Managerial was more in depth of when can you join, CTC and other related.
    5th HR, they told me that I am through and told to send the payslip and offer of previous employer.

Overall a nice experience. Good to go.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ShoreTel in December 2010.

Interview

they asked me to come into the office. they had a series of back-to-back interviews with all staff members from different teams. Most were behavioral but there were also a few technical questions. The behavioral were questions about my resume and interests. the technical questions had to do with arrays, strings, and security

Interview Questions

• manipulate an array of characters in C to extract some value from it.   Answer Question