Showa Denko Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Showa Denko Interview Questions

Updated Dec 11, 2016

Interviews for Top Jobs at Showa Denko

Engineer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Showa Denko (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2015.

Interview

Very lengthy interviewing process because only 1 interview is carried out at a time but there is more than 30 interviewer. It would not be surprise to wait until 3 hours later than your scheduled time.
    Interview can be divided into 2 section, 1st and 2nd interview. 1st interview is by HR and second interview is by respective department that interested in you.

Interview Questions

• Almost all question are expected when you do your homework. They prefer in learning ability and attitude for this job.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Showa Denko (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

A recruiter first contacted me by phone and then set up the interview. I then went to my first interview where I met with the president, vice president, HR manager, and my boss. My second and third interview included the rest of the team I would be working with. They asked standard interview questions, then handed me spectra to interpret. I was a bit surprised with the spectra interpretation on the spot.

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Showa Denko (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

This was an interview for a research position in Showa Denko, Japan. 2 interviewers and one of them clearly knew his stuffs and asked a lot of questions about my research experience. It started off with a short, less than a minute, introduction of myself and the rest 80% was about my knowledge in Chemistry, ranging from things related to my honours project to asking if I know anything about organic synthesis and others. After testing me on my knowledge, the HR proceeded to ask if my family will be okay with me working in Japan, if I am bonded to any company in Singapore. Very simple questions.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Kedah (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Showa Denko (Kuala Kedah (Malaysia)) in April 2010.

Interview

It goes well but i did not get the offer.

Interview Questions

• what position do you want?   1 Answer
    • what do you like about japanese?   1 Answer

Research Engineer Interview

Interview

Attended two time interview. In the 2nd interview talking about salary and I agreed to the amount though lower than my expectation. Received an encouraging email after 2nd interview asking about whether I can really start working on the set date (which I said yes) and if I have bond with my current company which I answered no. But still didnt get a job. I think it's difficult for foreigner without any Japanese skill (even though they said they provide language training).

Interview Questions

• No technical question for me. Only asking about my skill, my study.   Answer Question