Showcase LA Events Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Showcase LA Events Interview Questions

Interviews at Showcase LA Events

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Showcase LA Events (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The interview process is divided into 3 different stages. The 1st is with the assistant manager asking preliminary questions, the 2nd is observation and the 3rd is with the hiring manager.

Management Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Showcase LA Events.

Interview

Interview was very easy and straightforward but I felt that the job description was misleading. You really just go to venues like Costco and Sam's Club and try to sell products.

Interview Questions

This was not what I was expecting or what I wanted to do.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marina del Rey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Showcase LA Events (Marina del Rey, CA).

Interview

BOGUS! Went in for an interview where 6 other people where in the room waiting. Got called in for on site interview to see the process. Then I received the 3rd interview with Ashley and proceeded to tell me it's a minimum wage job with no benefits. She also told me during the interview she doesn't know why the other associate saw anything in me. No way I was going to work there.

Event Planner/Event Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marina del Rey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Showcase LA Events (Marina del Rey, CA).

Interview

Felt like a scam - would not recommend. There were 7 other people crammed into this small waiting area (at one point there was not even enough chairs for all interviewees.) My appointment time was at 12:30 but I didn't actually interview until 1:15. In the interview office, there wasn't a computer and a lot of boxes sitting around. It all was very unprofessional. It seems like they just get bodies to go to Sam's Club and Costco and push products - regardless of the position you applied for or experience. I told the interviewer that this is not something I could see myself doing.

Interview Questions

• After explaining how you'll basically be going to a booth at Costco and selling discounted products, they ask if this is something you'd be interested in doing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marina del Rey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Showcase LA Events (Marina del Rey, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Basically took a couple days. I applied on craigslist, then got a called the next day in the early morning. I came to the interview the next day and then was invited to the second interview later in the afternoon the same day. The person who initially contacted me first was named Lea. She was very interesting and very bubbly to talk too. It was kinda of awkward in a weird way. The office was in Marina del Rey and did look like a dentist waiting room. When going into the interview I talked to a woman named Amanda. She was the same like Lea, very bubbly in weird way. All she did was ask me a bunch of questions and then explain the job to me. She did let me know that she did not expect me to stay with this job long and that she wants you to get the experience of marketing. Throughout the whole process I felt like it was a scam because I been to a couple of other interviews that were the same. They set up an office and then have only a few people working in the office that supposedly is the HR, Legal, Customer Service department. However, it seriously is just everyone in the company doing the same job. All this company is trying to do is get people to work for commission only. Well I just finished the second interview, which is going to Sams club and seeing what you would actually be doing. All you do is get customers to try out the massager and give them some sales pitch. After that part of the second interview they tell you to send in an email with the three questions they ask you to answer. Lets just say I will not be taking the job because it is not something I would not want to do. The guy Martin was very vague about the pay and answering questions about how long he has been there and so on. No real details about the company whatsoever.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us? What is your dream job?   Answer Question

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marina del Rey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Showcase LA Events (Marina del Rey, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call the next day to come in for an interview the following day. My interview was at 12:00pm but I didn't get called in until 12:45pm which then proceeded to only last for about 10 minutes. The interview itself was less on asking about my qualifications and experiences and more her trying to sell me the job. She basically said I would be going to Costco/Sam's Club to do direct marketing. It seemed as though they post different job titles online, but the interview process is all the same. There was nothing to differentiate the event coordinator to the marketing assistant.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Showcase LA Events (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and after 1-2 days I got a phone call from them to schedule an interview with me. During the first round, they introduced the company, asked me a few questions, and explained the position to me. They told me if I was selected for the second round, they were going to contact me in 1 day. I got invited to the second interview but I didnt go because I felt like this position didnt suit me the best.

Brand Marketing Specialist- Junior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Showcase LA Events (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

SALES JOB SCAM! Showcase will call everyone in for an in-person preliminary interview, in which my interviewer spent the entire time talking about the company. She only stopped to ask me two questions and barely talked about the role. I received a phone call the same afternoon about continuing to second round interview at one of Showcase's event (which is essentially a stand selling electronic back rubs or deep sea facial scrubs at a Sam's Club or Costco). The sales representative will give you a run down on 5 components to keep track of while they pitch the product to a customer. At the end of this trial, they will ask you to point out how they carried out those 5 components and score you based on your answers. Then they will give you the run-down on how their training program works. This is where they get you because the job title says "junior executive," but that is only if you have 1+ years to work up to it and you have to be a top salesman.

The program consists of 4 phases:
    1. Entry-level: 3-5 weeks
    2. Campaign Manager (salesman): 3-9 MONTHS
    3. Executive/Assistant Manager (80% in office, 20% in the field): 1-3 months.
    4. Executive Manager.

Here's the catch, you only make $9/hour OR 15-18% commission (whichever is higher). If you're selling products like backrubs and deep sea facial scrubs, how will make a stable and decent salary? You don't even receive benefits until PHASE 3! If you graduated from any decent university or consider yourself a good salesman, DO NOT APPLY HERE!! You will do a lot better selling more valuable things that people actually need.

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Showcase LA Events (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I arrive ten minutes early to the interview. I go inside the room and there are about eight people waiting inside to get interviewed. Each person has been waiting 1-2 hours to be seen for their interview. My interview was at 2pm - I wasn't seen until 3:35. The interview itself was very fast, almost like she seemed annoyed that she had to interview so many people. She sped through her speech about the company and the position. I was barely asked about my experience. DON'T WORK FOR THIS COMPANY, it is a scam. I applied to be an event coordinator to work at trade shows - apparently for them it meant selling 'as seen on TV' products in front of Sam's Club and Costco. I was offered a second interview, which meant driving out to a Sam's Club in Long Beach to see what my job would be. This company is an actual joke, what a waste of my time.

This is a scam.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Showcase LA Events (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied on Career Source and was contacted within two days. Went to building and sat in a dentist type office. Met with an employee for 10 minutes who asked a few basic questions. Later that same day they contacted me offering a second interview, but I declined since it was not what I was quite looking for.