Showpad Enterprise Sales Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Showpad

1.5

Enterprise Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Showpad (Chicago, IL) in September 2018.

Interview

I have never once posted negative experiences on Glassdoor, but my spectacularly poor experience with Showpad prompts me to do so. Very poor communication from the start. I was bounced between 4 different Hr/recruiter/generalists who appeared to never share notes between one another. My resume and notes were "lost". I was rescheduled for phone calls 2 times, and couldn't even get past the HR debacle for 3 weeks.

I finally get to speak to an executive (I was told it was an actual interview). I've never had an interview like this in my life. The call starts with the executive calling me by the wrong name (!) because another candidate's name was dropped into the meeting invite that the exec had, obviously expecting another candidate the be calling at that time. After 2 minutes of confusion we get past it and then the exec says that they have no notes, no resume, nothing about me whatsoever from HR. So the entire process was a train-wreck, and my interviewer just says to talk about myself so we don't waste an more time (5 minutes already dead in a short 30 minute call).

A few minutes into the discussion, the exec asks me what position I was applying for. I began to realize I had no shot at this. The entire process was so broken, the interviewer spent the whole time eating on the phone, and had literally nothing about me to refer to.

There were literally no (as in zero) questions asked after we got past the confusing part about "who are you? What position? I don't have your resume, or have any notes..."

I asked a handful of carefully prepared questions that have scored major points in other company interviews. I never ask yes/no questions. I always position them for full sentence or longer replies. I was still given answers of "uhh maybe." or "we'll see". Even asking to open up deeper into what that meant only got 2-3 more words out.

In closing I asked about timelines, next steps, process, and more. I was told that the process wasn't clear, and the exec had no idea how the timeline and next steps work.

I sent a follow-up than you, but at that point in my mind I decided there was simply no way I could work at a place like this. I've since progressed to final stages for 2 other great companies with no problem. By the time I was told I was no longer being considered, I had already moved on. It was a shame, as I liked the people I talked with, and knew without a doubt that I'd have been killer in the role. But culture eats strategy for breakfast...and the culture and process here were very poor.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Showpad

Enterprise Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Showpad (Chicago, IL) in June 2018.

Interview

The process was discombobulated and confusing. The hiring manager was inexperienced and that majority of the sessions did not have a clear direction. The process culminated with a "presentation on a subject of our choosing" again without much prompting. It seems like the hiring manager was hoping the presentation would reveal aspects that correlate directly to the showpad product, but you are not likely to find that without a bit more direction for the candidates. I found the hiring manager to be incompetent as a leader and generally over his skis. I likely dodged a bullet here.

Interview Questions

• Many general, conversational interviews and an unguided presentation.   Answer Question