Showpad Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Manager - Professional Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Showpad (San Francisco, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

1 Day - Closed in 7 hours. I essentially came into the office an met with the CEO, VP of NA, VP of CS, VP of Sales and a number of other team members. Went very well and they were very respectful of my time and interest.

They then worked through the recruiter to negotiate compensation and equity package with me.

Interview Questions

• Are you awesome at what you do? Is there anyone better?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very Easy - Went back and forth on equity a bit but that was it.

Account Executive- SMB Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Showpad (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online via indeed and was reached out to a few days after applying. My interview was scheduled for January as I was traveling over the holiday.

Had a phone screen with the hiring manager and was brought in the next week for an interview with 2 Execs and a sales manager. This lasted about 90 minutes and involved chatting about my resume and understanding what I was looking for in my next role.

For the final part of the interview, I met with the CEO for about 30 minutes which was more conversational in nature instead of guiding the conversation off of my resume. It was very easy to communicate with everyone and the next steps were laid out very clearly which I really appreciated.

Interview Questions

• How did you get into sales? What do you know about Showpad? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

VP Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Showpad.

Interview

Just had a phone screen. It was the most scattered, disorganized phone interview I have ever experienced. The interviewer was obviously multi-tasking and was unfamiliar with the role and the job description.

Interview Questions

• Not very many questions, mainly focused on the structure of the marketing organizations I've led. The interviewer used most of the time to read the job posting to me and over-explain the process.   Answer Question

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Showpad (Chicago, IL) in June 2018.

Interview

Quick & easy. The interviews were mostly conversational to get to know the candidates. There was an initial phone interview followed by a video conference in which you meet with 2-3 employees in different departments. Overall, the experience was painless and came with ease.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Showpad (Chicago, IL) in February 2019.

Interview

Pre-screen with recruiter, video interview with hiring manager then video interview with member of marketing team, then in-person interview with team.

The first video interview was 30 minutes with the hiring manager, it was a pretty standard discussion, but wasn't much time to get a feel for the role or if I was a good fit. The second video interview was with someone who would be a co-worker. This interview was excruciating, they didn't have any questions to ask or offer insight into the role. At one point I felt like I was leading the interview.

At the in-person meeting, there was no one at reception and I had to stand there until someone noticed me. I then met with the recruiter who cautioned me that one of the people I was going to interview with could be a little off putting (they had also cautioned me ahead of time), which was a little concerning. The in-persons were much more comfortable than the video interviews, felt more like we were having a conversation than just ticking off boxes. I know they are a young company, but could probably stand to brush up on the interview etiquette, as it seemed a bit disjointed throughout. (And if you have to warn people about one of your team members before the interview, that seems like a larger problem.) At then end, someone was supposed to walk me out and discuss next steps, but they were nowhere to be found, so was just sent to the door to leave...it was odd.

Overall, everyone was nice, especially the recruiters. However, I have seen the particular position I interviewed for posted for quite a long time, and I'm not really sure they know what they are looking for, or there is a larger issue.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Interview

THE WOMAN CANCELLED ON ME THREE TIMES! The third time was four minutes before the phone interview. This has to be the most I professional company I have ever dealt with. Good luck.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Showpad.

Interview

First spoke with a female recruiter who seemed agitated and annoyed as if I was intruding on her time. She seemed to rush the call, and I felt like she was not interested in me. After speaking with this recruiter I was no longer interested in working for Showpad. I emailed the recruiter a few days later after not hearing from her to tell her I was looking for other opportunities.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Showpad (Chicago, IL) in February 2019.

Interview

Initial Phone Screen > Zoom Interview with Hiring Manager > Homework Assignment > In-Person Interview > Final Zoom Interview

I was very impressed with the whole team, and grateful for the experience with Showpad. While it didn't work out for me (no option to work remotely), I truly believe that they are a wonderful company. If ever they offer the option for remote work I would be there in a heartbeat!

I did have recruiters switch part-way through the process, but they handled the switch seamlessly. All my calls were on time, video interviewers were on time, and the lead of the Support team was very sick but still made time for my interview so I wouldn't have to re-schedule. Overall a very impressive interview experience! Thank you!

Interview Questions

• What is 25 x 25?   1 Answer
    • How would you explain something technical to someone who has no understanding of technical things?   Answer Question
    • If you didn't know how to handle a customer issue, what would you do?   Answer Question

BDR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Showpad (Chicago, IL) in January 2018.

Interview

3 interviews, 2 on the phone , 1 in person. The first one is mostly background checking and the other 2 go more in depth as to what your aspirations are within tech, and why you want to do sales

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ghent (Belgium)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Showpad (Ghent (Belgium)) in March 2016.

Interview

Initial screening with Engineering Lead, Codility Test after that an interview with an engineer at team. They are quite friendly and professional compared to the startups that I have interviewed previously.