Shriners Hospitals For Children Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shriners Hospitals For Children Interview Questions

Updated Apr 29, 2017

2.9

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Shriners Hospitals For Children in December 2016.

Interview

The rehab director and manager conducted a phone interview lasting approximately 30min, they had been given my resume and qualifications including references my my staffing company. After the phone interview my recruiter called me within 2 hours to let me know they were offering me the position.

Director of Surgical Services Orthopedic/Pediatric Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shriners Hospitals For Children (Greenville, SC) in May 2016.

Interview

I was first contacted via email by the Director of Nursing. I responded promptly, yet it took another 2 weeks for us to touch base and nail down a face to face interview.
    I had to plan on at least 1/2 day either in the early morning to lunch or after lunch until...
    I was interviewed by the DON, then taken on a mini tour of the facility. I was escorted to an auditorium, where 4 more interviews took place. All of which were relevant, However, they asked really tough questions, came in groups of 2-3, and were one right after the other.
    Many of the questions were repetitive and I felt it was more of an interrogation. I was not offered any thing to drink, or any candy! Not even a bathroom break. I was there from prompt 12:00 until 5:00pm.

Interview Questions

• How will you handle decreasing staff morale as we grow to accommodate increased number of surgeries, later hours worked and no increase in FTE 's?   1 Answer

Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shriners Hospitals For Children (Boston, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

The long time interviewer seemed to just hire not really care about who ask generic questions and left the decision up to you basically either you wanted the position or you didn't after tour

Outpatient Clinic Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shriners Hospitals For Children (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview was great very good question was ask to me and I did a wonderful job answered the question best that I could and it paid off been working with the company for almost 2 years now

Interview Questions

• How years of Customer Service, and do you enjoy working with children's   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had all the requirements for the position and also the skills of 16 years customer service

Child Life S Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shriners Hospitals For Children in November 2015.

Interview

First was an over the phone quick interview with HR. Second, an in-person interview with the current child life specialists and the supervisor. As well as a follow-up via phone. The process was very quick at the time. However, I know that due to HR understaffing the process takes longer now.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had to advocate for the field of child life?   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shriners Hospitals For Children (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied on line. Got a call for a phone interview. Next step was in-person interview. HR spent a half hour describing all the benefits and perks of working at the hospital. Is this really appropriate before an interview? She was useless and 20 years behind the times as far as what HR is supposed to be doing - screening a candidate, not just reading from printed benefit materials of available health plans. She couldn't answer any questions about the job I was applying for! The hiring manager was nice but a little hard to read. I'm not sure they knew what they were looking for - more of a "we'll know it when we see it."

Interview Questions

• What drew you to Shriners?   1 Answer
    • Q: Could you handle seeing/dealing with disfigured children?   1 Answer

RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Shriners Hospitals For Children (Sacramento, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview was intense. Many clinical scenarios and critical thinking situations to describe. Answered questions about benefits and salary. Very informative and challenging. Many personal questions asked which I did not appreciate. Overall, good experience and can only build up on my interview skills. This was difficult yet I think I did good answering the difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• describe a good day at old job   1 Answer
    • how would you handle a wrong dosage issue with md   1 Answer

Manager, Care Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Shriners Hospitals For Children (Sacramento, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Had initial interview with recruiting agency and an interview.
    Then telephone interview with Director Patient Care Services
    Next in person interview with the Director Patient Care Services
    Next interview with Director of HR
    Next Interview with HQ Director of Care Management
    Job offer

Interview Questions

• What is my leadership style?   1 Answer
    • Why am I leaving my current position?   1 Answer
    • How do you engage people to assist in change?   1 Answer
    • What is one strength and one weakness?   1 Answer
    • What is my experience with payer organizations?   1 Answer

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shriners Hospitals For Children (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position in March 2015 and within about a week heard from a representative working at one of the city's larger advertising agencies, which had been contracted to help with the hiring process. We set up a time for a phone interview.

We had a pleasant conversation. I asked the rep when Shriners intended to have the position filled, and she "ideally as soon as possible." She hoped to have in-person interviews set up by the end of the week, with a final two or three ultimately selected to meet the hospital's head administrator. In her response to my thank-you, she wrote, "I’ll keep you posted on next steps."

She never did. Wondering if I'd made the cut for an in-person interview, I sent her an email a few days later asking her if any decisions had been made, but I never received a response. However, about three weeks later she reposted the same position on LinkedIn.

Apparently neither I nor any or any of the other candidates who submitted credentials in the first sweep quite had quite met Shriners' criteria, despite the need to fill the position "as soon as possible."

Three months after my initial application, I still have no communication from either the agency or Shriners regarding whether the position has been filled. There's no way to log into Shriner's candidate system to determine status.

Development Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shriners Hospitals For Children (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Three interviews ... LONG process. The actual offer came 2 months after my first interview. This also happened with another development staff member. The corporate office is located in Tampa, so you have to go through a lot of red tape.