Shutterfly Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shutterfly Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2017

2.4

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly in April 2016.

Interview

1st a phone interview giving a brief overview of job and I want to work at shutterfly. Then OK sounds great when do you want to come for an interview. Interviewed a week later...was told to expect to be there at least 1hr to 1hr and half. I was curious why , when I arrived I found out why...it was a 3 part interview..test..interview..mock phone call x2. Ok so not prepared for all of that but keep on swimming. Overall I felt like I would just be a number if hired there were numerous cubbies lined up...typical call center environment. They focus on customer satisfaction.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Shutterfly

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Tempe, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

I started with a computer skills test. Once I passed that, my interview was scheduled. Each supervisor asked a series of questions. Once the interviews were over, a phone screen was done to assess soft skills.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult experience in customer service you dealt with in the past? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shakopee, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Shakopee, MN) in September 2015.

Interview

After submitting my resume it took two weeks to hear from anyone. After that it took a month before I had a appointment to take the computer test. Phone interview first, second computer test and if you pass the test you are interviewed.

Interview Questions

• After taking the computer test in a room with others. I was disappointed that when you finish the test they just told you right there in front of everyone else if you past or failed! I truly think this is very poor way to handle this. At least walk us to another part of the area and tell us. After hearing all the others failing before me I was intimidated that I was next.... (and I was). Pass this to HR...   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Shakopee, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Shakopee, MN) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process is three steps in the same day. The first they set you up with a computer and have you take a test. It is a test to challenge your knowledge of what you would do if a certain problem arrises when talking to a customer. It is mostly multiple choice with only a few written responses. The test also consists of a typing speed and accuracy test. After you pass the test they send you into a different room to be individually interviewed by someone one on one. After that if they like you they will send you to a small room with a phone. They give you a double sided paper that has two different customer account information on it. You will get two mock phone calls as if it is those customers calling you. One is a general information phone call and the other is an angry customer. They will also have you fill out different documents with tax information and other agreements on a computer before they let you go. Plan to be there longer than your average interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Fort Mill, SC) in March 2015.

Interview

First interview was a phone interview, then if you pass that you go to their hiring agency and take a test on a computer. (Mine had a ton of glitches on the questions). You have to score an 80 or higher in order to go to the next interview which is an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• In three words, how would you describe yourself? What is the difference between a search engine and a web browser? What is your availability and if I was willing to work 12 - 14 hour days? Have I ever had any felonies/ misdemeanors? Have I ever used live chat/ email to respond to customers? The test at the hiring agency was 50 questions - most multiple choice. However, a lot of the questions were "check all that apply". So, some were a little tricky to answer. I had to construct an email as well as take a typing test.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Shakopee, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Shakopee, MN) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was awesome. One of the best I have had. Very simple and laid back. The whole process was quick and simple. I had one phone interview and the. Had to take a online assessment. One day later I was called for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the steps on how you would make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told the starting pay durning the phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Tempe, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

Short was interviewed by a supervisorvery that talked most of the time. It seems like all he wanted to do is to hear himself. 2 bs interview was done immediately after and also a phone screen you need to pass all 3 to be offered a position. The most difficult one was the phone screen since you knew its fake but you had to pretend it's real. The most question I was asked is how to make PB&J sandwich

Interview Questions

Didn't like the pay, was way to low compare to other companies in the area with the same position. It's a temp job for holiday only through a man power company.

Anonymous Employee in Shakopee, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Shakopee, MN) in August 2014.

Interview

I directly contacted the in-house staffing agency that handled all or most (?) of the hiring. Interviewed with Shutterfly supervisor that day. Job offered the next afternoon. Very easy process, and very quick, as they were in a hurry to staff their new facility. It is technically a "contract" position, hired by the staffing agency to work for Shutterfly, but they claim there is the opportunity to stay on and become an official hire by Shutterfly. Staffers and supervisors have been very transparent about what the position is and what they expect of those employed in this position.

Interview Questions

• Interview consisted of questions related to customer service work experience: type, ability, and technology used.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Hourly wage not negotiable. Shifts (work hours) are selected at random during training (within a range of pre-disclosed time blocks).

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shutterfly.

Interview

It's a beautiful facility! First, I interviewed with a team leader- we talked about the job in general and she asked a few questions. These questions pertained to handling customer service situations, life questions and scheduling questions. Next, I interviewed with a manager- the questions were the same. Great process!

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Fort Mill, SC) in March 2013.

Interview

It took a long time to get an interview. There people want to know too much about you. It's like they want to run your life. They try to find out if you have kids which is illegal. They go about it in a round about way. When is it a sin to have kids. I guess next time I get pregnant I will have an abortion so I can get a job. Tired of staving and living without.

Interview Questions

• Stupid stuff like what is my greatest achievement? This is what everyone asks. It's dumb because everybody knows what they want to hear.   1 Answer