Shutterfly Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Engineering

Shutterfly Engineering Interview Questions

Interviews at Shutterfly

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Interview was a full 4.5 hours (right through lunch, with no food--good thing I brought something to snack on). Lots of practical stuff, good amount of time on the whiteboard, but nothing outrageously difficult. HR representative received me initially, and printed out a schedule and packet about the company, and who I'd be meeting with (mid way through that changed, too). She was very friendly, as were most of the folks.

Overall, I thought it was a fine experience.

Interview Questions

• In javascript, what are uses of a closure? (not all that hard)   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Shutterfly

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shutterfly (San Mateo, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

I spoke with 9 different team members at Shutterfly. The interview process was very well-organized. The interviews ranged from fairly technical to generally business oriented. The company culture is close-knit and collaborative. The organization is very much matrix-oriented, with product management separate from engineering. I'd advise a technical job candidate to focus very much on tech execution and a product management candidate to stay away from strong technology opinions.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were very difficult in isolation, but there is a certain cultural expectation of product and engineering functions being separate.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shutterfly in August 2010.

Interview

Went onsite and was interviewed by 4 managers/directors. Pretty broad CS questions but nothing too difficult. Felt like a very nurturing environment where you can learn a lot and improve as an engineer.