Shutterfly Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

2.8

HR Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shakopee, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Shakopee, MN) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and 3 weeks later a phone interview was setup and a week after that a 2 hour in person interview. When I arrived for the interview I was told my schedule had changed. Met with 6 different individuals all were great except the two from HR. It was as if they had never interviewed anyone in their life. No planned questions trying to think of them with long "umm" and pauses. Honestly I was trying to not laugh.

Interview Questions

• Management asked good behavioral questions. HR asked questions like "how do you stay organized"   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shutterfly.

Interview

Firstly they will send a Online Access, two programming questions. Should be finished within 90mins. I think you need to bug free to pass it. I am not sure about the further process, because i do not pass one case i don't know why, then I got refused because my score does not meet the standard.

Creative Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

First was contacted by a recruiter via email to set up a phone interview. I had a phone interview with the recruiter, then with the hiring manager. After that, I interviewed on-site with three different Shutterfly employees. This was all in the span of two weeks, and after my in person interview I was told that they would give a final decision in the next 2-3 business days. Then was told that I would be getting an update "next week" for the next 6 weeks. The recruiter did a good job of staying in contact with me, but I would have preferred to just have been told that the process would take so long, rather than being told every week that I would have the final decision next week.

Interview Questions

• What would your coworkers say is your greatest strength and your greatest weakness?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a project that had challenges, what were they, and how did you address them?   Answer Question

Senior Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

First had phone interview with recruiter about my background and job. After one week got invitation for phone interview with one senior lead. Within one week got email from recruiter to come to NYC office for 3 hour interview. Interviews were scheduled with four persons. Two persons were available in New York office but rest were in their remote office. It was in person interview with each interviewer but remote interviewers were available on Skype. It went fine till first three. But last person was not available at the scheduled time.. He was supposed to talk through Skype. No one was coordinating properly as they all got busy in their work. I was left alone in the room without any one for 15 -20 min. I asked front desk to connect to the interviewer. One NY based interviewer tried again to connect to the last remote interviewer. Finally remote hiring person talked to me for 10 min.
    It was very bad experience at the end. They should not call any one onsite if they are not serious about interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself
      2. QA process in general, defect tracking etc
      3. Automation
      4. Mobile testing
      1 Answer

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood Shores, CA).

Interview

For a company that espouses a "no jerks policy," they sure jerk candidates around. I'd hate to see how they treat employees. You go weeks without hearing, told one thing then another, and overall a poor candidate experience. Why give printed press releases from 2014 in an interview packet? We can look that up on your website. Give us something meaningful and really show us why we would want to work there. Interviewers could care less and are just going through the motions, even they don't in the company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What do you know about us?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly in April 2016.

Interview

1st a phone interview giving a brief overview of job and I want to work at shutterfly. Then OK sounds great when do you want to come for an interview. Interviewed a week later...was told to expect to be there at least 1hr to 1hr and half. I was curious why , when I arrived I found out why...it was a 3 part interview..test..interview..mock phone call x2. Ok so not prepared for all of that but keep on swimming. Overall I felt like I would just be a number if hired there were numerous cubbies lined up...typical call center environment. They focus on customer satisfaction.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Process is as follows:
    1) Phone screen with the recruiter
    2) Phone screen with the hiring manager
    3) On-campus interview with the team
    4) On-campus interview with Senior VP

The process is terribly slow. The recruiter contacted a month after applying, and it took another month to set up the phone screen with hiring manager. The recruiters don't keep you posted on what's happening despite sending multiple follow-up emails.

Interview Questions

• basic questions regarding working in a team, using analytics, managing people.   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Typical process - phone screening by HR followed up by in person interview with hiring manager and team. Everyone was nice, but the HR team was disorganized and was unresponsive following the onsite interview. There was no communication after I spent 3 hours interviewing. Disappointing experience all around.

Position In Redwood City Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly.

Interview

It took a very long time for hiring manager to make a decision and had to interview with several people and there seemed to be lots of confusion. I was told several times of the same concerns, so not sure why I was even asked to come in for an in person meeting.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shutterfly (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process started with an email letting me know that I have been selected for a 30 minute phone interview. I received the call at the time when it was scheduled and the phone screen went very well. I was then scheduled for an in person interview. I was told that the interview will last two hours. I met with 4 people and they were interviewing me for 30 minutes each! They were all asking me pretty much the same questions so I felt like there wasn't a need for 4 people to meet me separately and all of them ask me the same exact questions!
    The question were typical interview questions that you would expect! They said they had 3 other candidates interviewing for the same position and that they would let me know in a week if they wanted to move forward with me.