Shutterfly Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

71 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Product Design Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Tempe, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

Talked to someone from the hiring company, Adecco, that is in charge of hiring people on for Shutterfly. I applied for the PDT position which is seasonal, scheduled an interview for a Friday, waited around 5 minutes after checking in at the desk. Interview was pretty short, around 10 minutes, I was told I would be notified earlier the next week if I got the job or not. A week went by and I heard nothing, so I emailed the employee at Adecco to see if there were updates. Another week went by after hearing nothing still and so I emailed him again and told the position was filled. Would have appreciated an email back the first time I emailed Adecco about the position. They don’t really seem to have their stuff together, looks unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with computers?   Answer Question
    • When have you had to deal with a difficult customer at work and what did you do to solve it?   Answer Question

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Interview

After having taken pains to research ,format and apply , i got an reply within 24 hours indicating they are no longer recruiting for position . So disappointing and annoying that they didn't have the courtesy to give a fair chance to job-seekers . I still see this position circulating around in job-boards . Doesn't deserve good rating and speaks bad about recruitment culture.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shutterfly (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

A quick chat with the recruiter, then a 1 hour with a manager. Said they'll schedule me for the tech portion of the interview, but a week later sent a "sorry, you're not a "fit"". Had high hopes for this company, but it looks like a place where talent goes to die. Oh well...

Interview Questions

• I asked how fast could they move, the manager said even scheduling for interviews was above his pay grade.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Interviewer comes with laptop, searches questions. Bad attitude. Not professional. I could feel interviewer was showing his power and ego. HR had no clue about the interview schedule.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shutterfly.

Interview

Boring phone screen, then got standard rejection email. Seemed like a bunch of C or D players. Can you imagine in 2017 they still won't import anything other than jpg? FAQ on their site advises to go first use for an image converter. Incompetence abounds.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions, tell me about yourself, talk about what's on your resume, can you do X, how about Y?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Greenville, SC) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter then phone interview with the hiring manager. Then onsite. Was told I was the top candidate then emails weren't returned and the entry on job Viterbo was marked closed with no explaination or statement I wasn't chosen. Very unprofessional.

HR Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shakopee, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Shakopee, MN) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and 3 weeks later a phone interview was setup and a week after that a 2 hour in person interview. When I arrived for the interview I was told my schedule had changed. Met with 6 different individuals all were great except the two from HR. It was as if they had never interviewed anyone in their life. No planned questions trying to think of them with long "umm" and pauses. Honestly I was trying to not laugh.

Interview Questions

• Management asked good behavioral questions. HR asked questions like "how do you stay organized"   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shutterfly.

Interview

Firstly they will send a Online Access, two programming questions. Should be finished within 90mins. I think you need to bug free to pass it. I am not sure about the further process, because i do not pass one case i don't know why, then I got refused because my score does not meet the standard.

Creative Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

First was contacted by a recruiter via email to set up a phone interview. I had a phone interview with the recruiter, then with the hiring manager. After that, I interviewed on-site with three different Shutterfly employees. This was all in the span of two weeks, and after my in person interview I was told that they would give a final decision in the next 2-3 business days. Then was told that I would be getting an update "next week" for the next 6 weeks. The recruiter did a good job of staying in contact with me, but I would have preferred to just have been told that the process would take so long, rather than being told every week that I would have the final decision next week.

Interview Questions

• What would your coworkers say is your greatest strength and your greatest weakness?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a project that had challenges, what were they, and how did you address them?   Answer Question

Senior Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

First had phone interview with recruiter about my background and job. After one week got invitation for phone interview with one senior lead. Within one week got email from recruiter to come to NYC office for 3 hour interview. Interviews were scheduled with four persons. Two persons were available in New York office but rest were in their remote office. It was in person interview with each interviewer but remote interviewers were available on Skype. It went fine till first three. But last person was not available at the scheduled time.. He was supposed to talk through Skype. No one was coordinating properly as they all got busy in their work. I was left alone in the room without any one for 15 -20 min. I asked front desk to connect to the interviewer. One NY based interviewer tried again to connect to the last remote interviewer. Finally remote hiring person talked to me for 10 min.
    It was very bad experience at the end. They should not call any one onsite if they are not serious about interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself
      2. QA process in general, defect tracking etc