Shutterfly Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.8

Customer Care Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

The staff were very welcoming. When you go in, you take a computer assessment for basic computer knowledge. You type a timed paragraph. This took about 30-45 minutes. After this, you speak with the first interviewer. Then, a different interviewer comes to ask other questions. Lastly, you go into a phone room and they test your call skills. Someone calls in as a customer and you assist them as an agent.

Interview Questions

• Strength, weakness. How do you make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich?   Answer Question

Production Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shakopee, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Shakopee, MN) in August 2016.

Interview

i applied through college portal , i got shortlisted for the telephone interview, which was for about 20mins , More concentration was on job description and their expectation with few questions about past job, after email about 2 days i got an email about the onsite interview. which lasted for an hour or so , First 30 mins was more about my potential and previous work experience then the hiring mananger took me on floor to give a better illustration about the work.

Interview Questions

• •Why do you want to work at Shutterfly?   1 Answer
    • What interested you in a position?   1 Answer

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shakopee, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Shakopee, MN).

Interview

It starts with a face to face interview and then you get on the phone and a manager pretends to be an upset customer. You give them the information about their order and then try to make them happy and smooth out their issues. It's very important to show that you have patience with people and that you have basic understand of how to explain steps to customers. Once you can do that you will most likely be considered for the job.

Interview Questions

• explain a time a customer was upset and how you handled it.
      explain how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. (They ask this to see how well you can explain instructions since you have to explain how things work on the site to the customers.)
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Application for the position was submitted online. Processes started with an HR phone interview which was scheduled 2 weeks after submission of the application. HR asked basic behavioural questions and scheduled a technical phone interview. The technical interviewer asked questions on resume. After a couple of days, I was asked to come onsite where 3 interviews were scheduled 30mins each. It was a whiteboard interview with questions on algorithms, basic data structures and on academic projects.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with Shutterfly?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      FizzBuzz
      Arrange given numbers to form the biggest number
      1 Answer

Senior Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

First had phone interview with recruiter about my background and job. After one week got invitation for phone interview with one senior lead. Within one week got email from recruiter to come to NYC office for 3 hour interview. Interviews were scheduled with four persons. Two persons were available in New York office but rest were in their remote office. It was in person interview with each interviewer but remote interviewers were available on Skype. It went fine till first three. But last person was not available at the scheduled time.. He was supposed to talk through Skype. No one was coordinating properly as they all got busy in their work. I was left alone in the room without any one for 15 -20 min. I asked front desk to connect to the interviewer. One NY based interviewer tried again to connect to the last remote interviewer. Finally remote hiring person talked to me for 10 min.
    It was very bad experience at the end. They should not call any one onsite if they are not serious about interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself
      2. QA process in general, defect tracking etc
      3. Automation
      4. Mobile testing
      1 Answer

Canvas and Photo Gifts Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Tempe, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

It was a panel interview for every position that I actually received an interview for. Usually, three to five managers sat in and asked questions. People are friendly enough, though, and the tension is usually low.

FP&A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

It was easy and very welcoming environment.The Interview was more like a conversation than a question answer round.They wanted to know how strong were the excel skills and how strong were your research skills.
    It was an amazing experience

Human Resources Interview

Interview

The interview process took 6 weeks. Very choppy and random. The recruiter from SC was was very arrogant and talked majority of the time trying to show how smart she was. It was entertaining. I received an offer, accepted it - Worst career move. Left the company - Best career move. The entire HR team is shifty.

Interview Questions

• Not to many questions, it was mainly a sales pitch to join the company.   Answer Question

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood Shores, CA).

Interview

For a company that espouses a "no jerks policy," they sure jerk candidates around. I'd hate to see how they treat employees. You go weeks without hearing, told one thing then another, and overall a poor candidate experience. Why give printed press releases from 2014 in an interview packet? We can look that up on your website. Give us something meaningful and really show us why we would want to work there. Interviewers could care less and are just going through the motions, even they don't in the company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What do you know about us?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly in April 2016.

Interview

1st a phone interview giving a brief overview of job and I want to work at shutterfly. Then OK sounds great when do you want to come for an interview. Interviewed a week later...was told to expect to be there at least 1hr to 1hr and half. I was curious why , when I arrived I found out why...it was a 3 part interview..test..interview..mock phone call x2. Ok so not prepared for all of that but keep on swimming. Overall I felt like I would just be a number if hired there were numerous cubbies lined up...typical call center environment. They focus on customer satisfaction.