Shutterfly Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shutterfly Interview Questions

Interviews at Shutterfly

2.7

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shutterfly in March 2012.

Interview

phone interview about Ajax, JavaScript, Database, Java, and OOP concepts

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied through recruiter, got a technical telephonic interview invite a week after telephonic HR round which was basically an approach to test my interest in this company,this particular role, and how my background matches to the job description. Got an offer 3 weeks after the technical interview. The process was overall pretty good and straight forward.

Interview Questions

• the technical interview began with questions on my background, my school projects, my contribution in those projects, asked some tricky questions to make sure I really worked on the technologies that I mentioned on my Resume. Asked some simple basic DS questions.   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

I had four 30 mins interviews. First was with the hiring manager. Super nice person and we talked about a lot of the common stuff we have worked on. The rest of the 3 were with 3 full time engineers, who asked me programming problems.

Interview Questions

• Find the missing number in an array of 1 to n.   1 Answer

Sr Information Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Est, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood Est, CA) in August 2007.

Interview

There were multiple interviews.
    First round was with a recruiter on the phone.
    Second round was submitting answers to a UI problem posed
    Second round was with recruiter with follow-up questions
    Third round was a different product managers and was asked questions on dynamics and skillset
    Final round was with a product team lead about culture
    The process felt long and drawn out and it took them several weeks to get back to me on the results

Interview Questions

• How would you enable users to design a new photo mug online?   Answer Question

Client Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2011.

Interview

Two phone interviews. The first was routine gatekeeper stuff. The second interview was with an HR staffer in Phoenix and it left a bad taste, in that the position was central to a group growth strategy, and yet I felt like I was interviewing for an entry-level position. There were only the most basic, cookie cutter questions. When I posed questions, this person had very few answers and it almost seemed like I was offending them. The whole process seemed like I was with a first timer .. strange.

Internship Interview

Interview

Interview was held at the Fill Mill plant in SC, very pleasant experience no unexpected questions. They were easy to talk to and even took me around a tour of the entire plant.

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Shutterfly (South San Francisco, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

Recruiter reached out after a few months. I was then interviewed by 3 people which included the hiring VP and two other people. 2 of the people were fine and quite congenial. The last phone interview with one of the IT technical staff was very poor. The guy asked entry level questions and struggled to follow what I expected to be a management level interview. As I answered his questions he became argumentative & condescending. He was combative stating to me "I asked you this and you are stating something else". I questioned him on why he believed my answer was something else and where did those words come from. He responded with ok, I just asked the question wrong and this is what we use here internally. So, he mixed up concepts, and distorted the information I provided. I corrected him. This was a very poor interviewer who had issues and came to the interview with high defenses. I informed the recruiting dept. There is usually a flow to interviewing at an appropriate level and a US standard.

Interview Questions

• Have you done this before? I have asked you this and you taking about something else.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

It was a 3-step interview process. Interviews were mostly focused on the kind of person you are and how you'd succeed in the desired role instead of your typical questions. Everyone I spoke with shared a little bit about themselves, which made it super easy to talk with them.

Interview Questions

• If you were done performing a task early within your team, what would you do next?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Spoke to a recruiter at my university career fair and applied for an internship online in January 2013. In March, I was emailed for a phone interview with the recruiter and then a second phone interview with the hiring manager in April. Both went well, and I was told they would get back to me within a couple weeks. I heard no response after. I had to email both the recruiter and the hiring manager multiple times, and finally in May they told me that the position had been filled. They could have sent a simple email to inform me when the position had been filled earlier.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

phone screen with recruiter, video interview with hiring manager, onsite, 2nd onsite
    I withdrew from the process due to the lack of energy from the team, recruiter was pushy, subpar salary for the job, not a great culture