Shutterfly Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shutterfly Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

2.8

Position In Redwood City Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly.

Interview

It took a very long time for hiring manager to make a decision and had to interview with several people and there seemed to be lots of confusion. I was told several times of the same concerns, so not sure why I was even asked to come in for an in person meeting.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (San Jose, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

With Tiny Prints division. Initial phone interview, followed by another phone interview with product manager (1 hour) followed by a excel / math test problem and a team interview ( 4 people around 3 hours). Said they would get back to me in 3 weeks, but never did. Could be my fault as I should've checked in after 3 weeks, but I guess I didn't want the position that much. I applied for a contract position.

Interview Questions

• Lots of analytical graphs and excel questions during the team interview to test my skills. I don't remember the questions exactly, but there was one about whether users visiting the site, and of those users, percentage that make a purchase, whether that was more efficient than another scenario.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shutterfly (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process started with an email letting me know that I have been selected for a 30 minute phone interview. I received the call at the time when it was scheduled and the phone screen went very well. I was then scheduled for an in person interview. I was told that the interview will last two hours. I met with 4 people and they were interviewing me for 30 minutes each! They were all asking me pretty much the same questions so I felt like there wasn't a need for 4 people to meet me separately and all of them ask me the same exact questions!
    The question were typical interview questions that you would expect! They said they had 3 other candidates interviewing for the same position and that they would let me know in a week if they wanted to move forward with me.

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Tempe, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

I started with a computer skills test. Once I passed that, my interview was scheduled. Each supervisor asked a series of questions. Once the interviews were over, a phone screen was done to assess soft skills.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult experience in customer service you dealt with in the past? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shakopee, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Shakopee, MN) in September 2015.

Interview

After submitting my resume it took two weeks to hear from anyone. After that it took a month before I had a appointment to take the computer test. Phone interview first, second computer test and if you pass the test you are interviewed.

Interview Questions

• After taking the computer test in a room with others. I was disappointed that when you finish the test they just told you right there in front of everyone else if you past or failed! I truly think this is very poor way to handle this. At least walk us to another part of the area and tell us. After hearing all the others failing before me I was intimidated that I was next.... (and I was). Pass this to HR...   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Shakopee, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Shakopee, MN) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process is three steps in the same day. The first they set you up with a computer and have you take a test. It is a test to challenge your knowledge of what you would do if a certain problem arrises when talking to a customer. It is mostly multiple choice with only a few written responses. The test also consists of a typing speed and accuracy test. After you pass the test they send you into a different room to be individually interviewed by someone one on one. After that if they like you they will send you to a small room with a phone. They give you a double sided paper that has two different customer account information on it. You will get two mock phone calls as if it is those customers calling you. One is a general information phone call and the other is an angry customer. They will also have you fill out different documents with tax information and other agreements on a computer before they let you go. Plan to be there longer than your average interview.

Internet Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Process took one week. Phone interview was with Director of Marketing. Interview was very professional and straight forward. The Director shared his background, marketing team structure, explained about the job position, asked about my background experience and skill sets and Q&A at the end. HR recruiter got back to me a week after my phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain your typical day at your previous or current position?   Answer Question

Front End Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through Jobvite. Received an email within 2 days from their Recruiting coordinator and proceeded with two phone interviews back-to-back with a recruiter and team lead. The recruiter handled the first interview, it was 20 minutes long. The department head handled the second interview, that was about 30 minutes. The compensation seemed more than fair given the skill set required.

Internet Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

HR Phone Screen
    Hiring Manager Phone Interview
    Skype Interview with 5 People
    Phone Interview with VP of Marketing

The entire process was very professional. The recruiter was very friendly, super timely, and responded to all questions quickly. The marketing team they have there is obviously top-notch and the entire team seemed to really enjoy their jobs and working at the office.

My interview was entirely over the phone and through Skype. It would have been really nice to have flown out and interviewed in person.

I think I would have really loved working there. Their offer was very competitive, but to my surprised I got an ever better offer (without negotiating) from one of the Big Tech companies in the valley.

Interview Questions

• Describe the project that you worked on that you are most proud of?   Answer Question

Business Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Fort Mill, SC) in August 2015.

Interview

Initial interview was conducted over the telephone with a recruiter and then an in-person interview was conducted a week later. Interview was with the manager of the division that the position was located. Interview was easy, but was not too professional. Was read generic questions from a sheet and the Manager seemed disinterested in the process. After the interview, was contacted and notified that the company decided to hire for the position from within. After reading employee reviews which indicate there is a good amount of favoritism within the organization, this comes as no surprise. If you are going to hire from within, don't waste other professionals' time with the process.