Shutterfly Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 27, 2017

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Application for the position was submitted online. Processes started with an HR phone interview which was scheduled 2 weeks after submission of the application. HR asked basic behavioural questions and scheduled a technical phone interview. The technical interviewer asked questions on resume. After a couple of days, I was asked to come onsite where 3 interviews were scheduled 30mins each. It was a whiteboard interview with questions on algorithms, basic data structures and on academic projects.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with Shutterfly?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      FizzBuzz
      Arrange given numbers to form the biggest number   1 Answer

Senior Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

First had phone interview with recruiter about my background and job. After one week got invitation for phone interview with one senior lead. Within one week got email from recruiter to come to NYC office for 3 hour interview. Interviews were scheduled with four persons. Two persons were available in New York office but rest were in their remote office. It was in person interview with each interviewer but remote interviewers were available on Skype. It went fine till first three. But last person was not available at the scheduled time.. He was supposed to talk through Skype. No one was coordinating properly as they all got busy in their work. I was left alone in the room without any one for 15 -20 min. I asked front desk to connect to the interviewer. One NY based interviewer tried again to connect to the last remote interviewer. Finally remote hiring person talked to me for 10 min.
    It was very bad experience at the end. They should not call any one onsite if they are not serious about interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself
      2. QA process in general, defect tracking etc
      3. Automation
      4. Mobile testing   1 Answer

Canvas and Photo Gifts Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Tempe, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

It was a panel interview for every position that I actually received an interview for. Usually, three to five managers sat in and asked questions. People are friendly enough, though, and the tension is usually low.

FP&A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

It was easy and very welcoming environment.The Interview was more like a conversation than a question answer round.They wanted to know how strong were the excel skills and how strong were your research skills.
    It was an amazing experience

Human Resources Interview

Interview

The interview process took 6 weeks. Very choppy and random. The recruiter from SC was was very arrogant and talked majority of the time trying to show how smart she was. It was entertaining. I received an offer, accepted it - Worst career move. Left the company - Best career move. The entire HR team is shifty.

Interview Questions

• Not to many questions, it was mainly a sales pitch to join the company.   Answer Question

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood Shores, CA).

Interview

For a company that espouses a "no jerks policy," they sure jerk candidates around. I'd hate to see how they treat employees. You go weeks without hearing, told one thing then another, and overall a poor candidate experience. Why give printed press releases from 2014 in an interview packet? We can look that up on your website. Give us something meaningful and really show us why we would want to work there. Interviewers could care less and are just going through the motions, even they don't in the company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What do you know about us?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Process is as follows:
    1) Phone screen with the recruiter
    2) Phone screen with the hiring manager
    3) On-campus interview with the team
    4) On-campus interview with Senior VP

The process is terribly slow. The recruiter contacted a month after applying, and it took another month to set up the phone screen with hiring manager. The recruiters don't keep you posted on what's happening despite sending multiple follow-up emails.

Interview Questions

• basic questions regarding working in a team, using analytics, managing people.   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Typical process - phone screening by HR followed up by in person interview with hiring manager and team. Everyone was nice, but the HR team was disorganized and was unresponsive following the onsite interview. There was no communication after I spent 3 hours interviewing. Disappointing experience all around.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Fort Mill, SC) in March 2016.

Interview

After a phone screen with a recruiter, they bring you onsite to meet some of the people in person and see the facility. After that, there may be additional final round phone interviews with senior management.

Staff Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

One telephone screen with a team member- 20 minutes. Onsite interview with 3 team members and VP - 45 minutes each. HR was helpful but they took 4 weeks to revert back with the interview results. By then I had accepted another offer.

Interview Questions

• Q. Talk about the test process followed in your last company   1 Answer