Shutterfly Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shutterfly Interview Questions

Interviews at Shutterfly

2.7

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly in May 2012.

Interview

Interview Process: Multiple rounds but scheduling was easy with the recruiting staff.
    Hiring Process: 2 Rounds for negotiation. Overall a pleasant experience.
    Was easy and painless and though the process lasted for 3 weeks the feedback loop was very tight.

Negotiation

Short and Sweet

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Very transparent. From the first call from a Junior Recruiter on, they laid out when they would call, with whom and how it would work. Three phone interviews - junior recruiter, senior recruiter, hiring manager, then approximately 3 hours of face-to-face 30 minute interviews with team members. Everyone was extremely nice and no difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Asked how I would handle road-blocks escalated by assistants?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It is a contract position, so the rate was stated up front. The only negotiation I did was around start date.

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Interview

After having taken pains to research ,format and apply , i got an reply within 24 hours indicating they are no longer recruiting for position . So disappointing and annoying that they didn't have the courtesy to give a fair chance to job-seekers . I still see this position circulating around in job-boards . Doesn't deserve good rating and speaks bad about recruitment culture.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shutterfly (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

A quick chat with the recruiter, then a 1 hour with a manager. Said they'll schedule me for the tech portion of the interview, but a week later sent a "sorry, you're not a "fit"". Had high hopes for this company, but it looks like a place where talent goes to die. Oh well...

Interview Questions

• I asked how fast could they move, the manager said even scheduling for interviews was above his pay grade.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shutterfly.

Interview

Boring phone screen, then got standard rejection email. Seemed like a bunch of C or D players. Can you imagine in 2017 they still won't import anything other than jpg? FAQ on their site advises to go first use for an image converter. Incompetence abounds.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions, tell me about yourself, talk about what's on your resume, can you do X, how about Y?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

I applied online for this position, and was contacted by a recruiter from Shutterfly. I had a phone interview scheduled the next day. Talked to the hiring manager and they wanted to schedule an onsite interview. A few days passed, and I did not get any email from them, so I sent the recruiter an email asking about it. There was no reply from them until a week later. I went to the onsite interview which consists of 4 interviews with managers including the hiring manager. The questions asked were easy, and I was told that they will get back to me within 48 hours. However, I waited for a week but did not get any response. I emailed the recruiter, and again no response. At this point, I felt this is pretty much a one-way communication process, and find it very frustrating. I checked their website and found that job posting has been removed, so I assume that this position has been filled. I would say the hiring process appears to be unorganized.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shutterfly in January 2013.

Interview

My friend referred for a open position, got email and a telephonic interview was scheduled after clearing phone interview I was called for onsite interview where was interviewed by 4 people covering algorithms to data modeling quetions.

Interview Questions

• Binary search tree natural order verification algorithm.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly.

Interview

Applied online, and was contacted by a recruiter. Has a phone interview, then an online coding test. Found out I passed and was flown to Redwood City to interview on site with two different teams on two separate days. The first interview was not difficult, just questions about ReST and CS principles. The second was a little more challenging, and a DP question was thrown in there. All in all, it was a good experience, and I really enjoyed meeting the people. Everyone was nice and seemed to want you to succeed.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, just study up on algorithms, data structures, etc...   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ask for what you want, and as long as it's reasonable, they will try to accommodate.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shutterfly in September 2014.

Interview

Very chaotic process. Interview was rescheduled couple times. I supposed to talk to hiring manager but ended up with some engineer. At first attempt I actually pointed out that they mixed it up so they change it but manager was not able to call me. Second time they did it again so I gave up. Interviewer was from different group so he has no clue about the position.

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shakopee, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Shakopee, MN).

Interview

Took about one week. Interview was very easy lasted about an hour. Got a phone call to let me know I got the job. Have to do orientation for about a day. Get a Shutterfly gift bag.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with hp machines.   1 Answer