Shutterfly Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Shutterfly

2.7

Senior Director Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

The interview process was very professional and well-laid out. After an initial phone interview, I met with the team in person at their offices. When I arrived, I was greeted, offered refreshments, and given a schedule of who I'd meet with and when I'd meet with them.

I met with the hiring manager first and last 1 on 1. I then met with various other department heads - people who would be my peers in the position - and was able to explore how we'd fit together to accomplish goals. I then met my direct reports, some 1 on 1, others as a group/panel. It was a very well-structured interview.

After the interview, they extended an offer to me within several days.

Interview Questions

• They asked me very specific questions to test my knowledge. Something along the lines of "tell me about a time when you were presented with X issue in Y department and what you did to solve it." It's a very standard interview approach, but they kept digging until I got to a very specific answer.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shutterfly.

Interview

Firstly they will send a Online Access, two programming questions. Should be finished within 90mins. I think you need to bug free to pass it. I am not sure about the further process, because i do not pass one case i don't know why, then I got refused because my score does not meet the standard.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Approximately two weeks after submitting my resume online I was contacted by the staffing assistant to schedule a phone interview with the internal recruiter. The phone interview seemed to go well and a few days later I was contacted by the staffing assistant to schedule an in-person interview with the hiring executive.

When I arrived for the in-person interview the staffing assistant met me in the lobby and was friendly and professional. The in-person interview lasted about an hour and at the time I thought it went well. The questions were all simple and straight-forward, no behavioral questions. I was prepared for tough job-related questions, but there were none. I was asked if I had actually used or purchased anything from their web site (not just looked at it) and that seemed to be very important to them. I left expecting to be called back for a second round.

A few days after my interview I was very surprised to receive a form-letter email from the staffing assistant that said “We carefully reviewed your background and experience, and we do not have a position that is a strong match with your qualifications at this time….” The letter also invited me to contact her if I had any questions. I replied to her email asking if she could provide any specific feedback on why I was not a fit and she answered saying she didn’t have that information but she would check and get back to me. I never received a reply, despite follow-up emails to both the staffing assistant and the internal recruiter, and I felt that was rude and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with Shutterfly and have you ever purchased anything from our web site?   Answer Question
    • Have you purchased anything from one of our competitors? How do you think our web site compares to our competitors?   Answer Question

Finance Area Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

The one on one interview was to meet with two people at the company site. They were the hiring manager and a peer. The interviews were rushed and just did not feel like a real interview. It felt like I was brought in just to 'fill' in a different perspective for the hiring team. I had similar experience / background as the hiring manager and had much more experience than the peer. Just didn't connect and in this type of economy, they can pretty much pick and choose who they'd want to belong to their culture/company. Completely disappointed like many other experienced folks in this job market.

Interview Questions

• Why Shutterfly? Why do you want to work for Shutterfly? (One of most ...DUH questions ever)   1 Answer

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Typical process - phone screening by HR followed up by in person interview with hiring manager and team. Everyone was nice, but the HR team was disorganized and was unresponsive following the onsite interview. There was no communication after I spent 3 hours interviewing. Disappointing experience all around.

FP&A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

It was easy and very welcoming environment.The Interview was more like a conversation than a question answer round.They wanted to know how strong were the excel skills and how strong were your research skills.
    It was an amazing experience

Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Tempe, AZ) in March 2018.

Interview

There was an initial phone screen by their HR Kara Marcotte and a hackerrank followed by an onsite interview on 5th April. In the hackerrank they asked to develop a simple bootstrap carousel kind of thing using only js and in the onsite interview they asked questions to change/improve a few things in that carousel apart from some behavioural and js realted questions. This was followed by another interview with their project manager on 17th April. After this interview, they went cold, no response yet. They kept saying all the time that were impressed, still considering me for the offer and are doing more interviews. They were supposed to let me know by 14 may at max, and I haven't received any response yet. They stopped responding to my e-mails and kept me in a limbo forever. If you want your peace of mind and have other plans, please forget shutterfly and carry on. They SUCK!

Interview Questions

• What is callback/closure/event propagation, etc.   1 Answer

Front End Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through Jobvite. Received an email within 2 days from their Recruiting coordinator and proceeded with two phone interviews back-to-back with a recruiter and team lead. The recruiter handled the first interview, it was 20 minutes long. The department head handled the second interview, that was about 30 minutes. The compensation seemed more than fair given the skill set required.

Safety Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Fort Mill, SC) in September 2018.

Interview

I met with two interviewer back to back. Some questions were standard and others were job related. This was a temporary seasonal position. I wasn't impressed with the hiring manager as he didn't display a professional appearance. The process was a bit confusing. Shutterfly handled all of the interviewing itself, but the position would have been with a temp agency.

IT Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shutterfly in March 2016.

Interview

interview was pretty laid back, little bit lengthy but all interviews were done the same day, as was the job offer. I was interviewed by two team members and then the lead team member. Questions were intended to make sure you knew your stuff.