Shutterfly Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shutterfly Marketing Interview Questions

2.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly.

Interview

Initial communication was with someone in recruiting. She coordinated the phone interview with the hiring manager, which went smoothly. I was then invited in for an onsite interview with multiple team members. After the onsite interview I never heard back from anyone. I followed up with the recruiter and she said she'd have someone get back to me. Never heard back from anyone.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Shutterfly

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

Applied for posted position with one of the marketing teams. Interviewed with HR on phone initially who set up telephone interviews with Hiring Manager and then VP. After VP phone interview, HR set up 5 in person appointments at Shutterfly (including Hiring Manager and VP) on a single day.

Unbeknownst to me, the job description of available position had been changed and I was not informed of the change. Most of the questions being asked didn't make sense to me for the position I was interviewing for. Questions were pretty standard stuff, nothing difficult to have a conversation with potential peers. I felt the interviews went well and the hiring manager was excited and told me to expect an offer the following week.

I was told three times in the following week that they were working on an offer and was suprised to find out there was to be no offer. The explanation was that the hiring manager and VP had okayed my hire, but the peers I interviewed with didn't feel I was a good fit for the team: that I was opinionated, wasn't already a Shutterfly customer (utilized a competing service) and they didn't believe I was interviewing for the "right reasons".

Changing the job description without informing the person interviewing is ridiculous! After the fact, I understood why the potential peers asked the questions they did. My internal contact ended up being more of a hindrance than a help so it was a disappointing experience overall.

Interview Questions

• There were several questions regarding my management experience that I found odd, especially given that there was no staff oversight/management involved with the job I believed I was interviewing for.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shutterfly in February 2011.

Interview

In ealry 2011 I submitted a resume to Shutterfly for a marketing position. They emailed a few days later to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was with human resources for a marketing position at their Redwood City office. I did not hear back so I followed up with an email a week after the interview. I recived a form letter in response.