Shutterfly Production Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Shutterfly Production Designer Interview Questions

Interviews at Shutterfly

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shakopee, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Shakopee, MN) in June 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was long but the new location just opened. There were lots of steps, online application, three online skills quizzes, phone interview and an in-person interview with two people at separate times. The interview was pleasant and the people are nice. Some questions were about image resolution but most were customer service related.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you solved a problem for a customer.   Answer Question
  • How would you explain what a low-resolution image means to a customer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Shutterfly

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Fort Mill, SC) in September 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by two different people about my application. One was from CoreStaff, the on-site company they use for their recruiting. As I corresponded with him, another email came from the actual Production Team Manager. I was sent the three assessment quizzes and did very well. The quizzes dealt with English/grammar, basic design skills, and pattern/critical thinking. The next step was a request for work samples. I sent a link to my portfolio. I assume they viewed my work. I just completed a telephone interview and they told me they would be scheduling face-to-face interviews in a couple of weeks. It's been a very detailed process.

Interview Questions

• The questions weren't particularly difficult. Most of them were the basic interview questions (tell me about an instance when detail was very important, etc...) combined with basic questions about Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. Also, things like proofreading and editing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call for a one on one interview within a couple days. I was interviewed by two people who took turns asking questions. Some of the questions that were asked were:

1. Tell me about yourself.
    2. What are your strengths and weaknesses?
    3. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

There were other questions asked, but I can't recall what they were as this was several years ago. After the interview, I showed my portfolio and was asked to do a skills test to identify errors on their cards.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any questions that were too difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Tempe, AZ) in August 2012.

Interview

Tiny Prints uses a staffing company for the initial phone and first round interviews. You must pass an online test showing knowledge of basic spelling, grammar, Photo Shop and InDesign.

Interview Questions

• None - all basic customer service based questions read from a form.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Production Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Shutterfly in June 2014.

Interview

The process was lengthy partly because the facility was still under construction. Consisted of a phone screen, online tests, and 2 in-person interviews on the same day. The online tests were skill based for design programs and included a grammar test. The offer was sent via email, and there was zero negotiation.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe low resolution to a customer?   Answer Question
    • Recall a time you had an upset customer, and how you resolved the issue.   Answer Question
    • What keyboard shortcuts do you use the most in Adobe?   Answer Question