Shutterfly Interview Questions in Redwood City, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.9

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied for Software engineering Intern. Got a call in 2-3 days. The entire process was very fast. took just about 10 business days.

3 rounds.
    1- intro round on phone : Went through my resume with HR
    2 - video call with shared codepad, with the team lead, Asked logical coding questions that can be done in any programming languages.
    3 - Onsite interview, Team manager and Lead met and went through some whiteboard design question and troubleshooting approaches to solve a problem.

got an offer right at the end of the day i was in for 3rd round

Interview Questions

• javascript callbacks, Design of an app, logical real world problem troubleshooting   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Interview process involved: a call with the recruiter, a call with the hiring manager, an in person interview with the hiring manager and then in person interviews with five other employees.

FP&A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

It was easy and very welcoming environment.The Interview was more like a conversation than a question answer round.They wanted to know how strong were the excel skills and how strong were your research skills.
    It was an amazing experience

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Process is as follows:
    1) Phone screen with the recruiter
    2) Phone screen with the hiring manager
    3) On-campus interview with the team
    4) On-campus interview with Senior VP

The process is terribly slow. The recruiter contacted a month after applying, and it took another month to set up the phone screen with hiring manager. The recruiters don't keep you posted on what's happening despite sending multiple follow-up emails.

Interview Questions

• basic questions regarding working in a team, using analytics, managing people.   Answer Question

Internet Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Process took one week. Phone interview was with Director of Marketing. Interview was very professional and straight forward. The Director shared his background, marketing team structure, explained about the job position, asked about my background experience and skill sets and Q&A at the end. HR recruiter got back to me a week after my phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain your typical day at your previous or current position?   Answer Question

Internet Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

HR Phone Screen
    Hiring Manager Phone Interview
    Skype Interview with 5 People
    Phone Interview with VP of Marketing

The entire process was very professional. The recruiter was very friendly, super timely, and responded to all questions quickly. The marketing team they have there is obviously top-notch and the entire team seemed to really enjoy their jobs and working at the office.

My interview was entirely over the phone and through Skype. It would have been really nice to have flown out and interviewed in person.

I think I would have really loved working there. Their offer was very competitive, but to my surprised I got an ever better offer (without negotiating) from one of the Big Tech companies in the valley.

Interview Questions

• Describe the project that you worked on that you are most proud of?   Answer Question

Content Production Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a 2 hour interview where I spoke with four different people. Each person had a different leadership role on the team. It was a pleasant experience and everyone on the team was very nice.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quick and very efficient. I had a phone interview with a university recruiter then was scheduled for an in person interview at the company site in Redwood City. Everyone I interacted with was very friendly and clearly passionate about their job and the company.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to pursue HR when I have background in Marketing?   1 Answer

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

two 3 hour interviews with team members. casual conversations. some tough questions but they were trying to get to know me and see how i might fit into the team. They were helpful in answering what i would be doing and gave me a good idea of the company culture.

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

HR contacted and scheduled a phone screen with one of the engineers. After passing the phone screen I was sent a coding test. I passed that and I was scheduled to talk to the team via Skype. I am really interested in this position and did great technically with the first two people. The third person asked an architectural type question which wasn't clear but I tried to answer it with my knowledge but he didn't seem like adding to my thinking instead he criticized everything I said and his voice turned really aggressive during the conversation. There is really no right or wrong answer to these questions but raising a doubt instead of criticizing will help the interview candidate to do his best in a nerve wracking interview. The team decided to not move forward after this person and I found it very unprofessional to convey a no directly to the candidate during the interview and with one person's view on a unclear question keeping aside my professional experience and without testing any of my technical skills. I am disappointed with this company's interview process.

This company interviewed me twice for the same exact role in less than three months. In total, I did 3 phone interviews, 2 coding tests and 2 F2F(5 people) for the same role and still got rejected.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral question: Tell me how you will design a system where user provides a file with one or more lines containing with two integers and the output would be a file with lines adding those two integers.   1 Answer