Shutterfly Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.6

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shutterfly.

Interview

Boring phone screen, then got standard rejection email. Seemed like a bunch of C or D players. Can you imagine in 2017 they still won't import anything other than jpg? FAQ on their site advises to go first use for an image converter. Incompetence abounds.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions, tell me about yourself, talk about what's on your resume, can you do X, how about Y?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Shutterfly

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly.

Interview

Applied online, and was contacted by a recruiter. Has a phone interview, then an online coding test. Found out I passed and was flown to Redwood City to interview on site with two different teams on two separate days. The first interview was not difficult, just questions about ReST and CS principles. The second was a little more challenging, and a DP question was thrown in there. All in all, it was a good experience, and I really enjoyed meeting the people. Everyone was nice and seemed to want you to succeed.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, just study up on algorithms, data structures, etc...   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ask for what you want, and as long as it's reasonable, they will try to accommodate.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shutterfly in September 2014.

Interview

Very chaotic process. Interview was rescheduled couple times. I supposed to talk to hiring manager but ended up with some engineer. At first attempt I actually pointed out that they mixed it up so they change it but manager was not able to call me. Second time they did it again so I gave up. Interviewer was from different group so he has no clue about the position.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shutterfly in January 2013.

Interview

My friend referred for a open position, got email and a telephonic interview was scheduled after clearing phone interview I was called for onsite interview where was interviewed by 4 people covering algorithms to data modeling quetions.

Interview Questions

• Binary search tree natural order verification algorithm.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shutterfly (Redwood City, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

I applied online for this position, and was contacted by a recruiter from Shutterfly. I had a phone interview scheduled the next day. Talked to the hiring manager and they wanted to schedule an onsite interview. A few days passed, and I did not get any email from them, so I sent the recruiter an email asking about it. There was no reply from them until a week later. I went to the onsite interview which consists of 4 interviews with managers including the hiring manager. The questions asked were easy, and I was told that they will get back to me within 48 hours. However, I waited for a week but did not get any response. I emailed the recruiter, and again no response. At this point, I felt this is pretty much a one-way communication process, and find it very frustrating. I checked their website and found that job posting has been removed, so I assume that this position has been filled. I would say the hiring process appears to be unorganized.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shutterfly in September 2014.

Interview

Phone screen with HR.
    Onsite:
    Brief intro to the company and the team and then a two or three technical software design questions.
    2 Interviews with senior managers which were more around personality and culture fit.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a backgammon game? How would you implement the die roll?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Shutterfly in September 2012.

Interview

Had a phone screen with the hiring manager which went well. Did not get any feedback after several emails.

Interview Questions

• Basic java questions on Abstract class/Interface, Serialization, volatile, CSS box model, access modifiers, synchronization   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shutterfly in March 2011.

Interview

One engineer called me. She was kind, but I think they wanna a backend engineer, not front end ppl.

Interview Questions

• basic css, javascript. java - private, public, protect and default, garbage collection   Answer Question