Sibley Memorial Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017

2.4

Administrative Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sibley Memorial Hospital (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and a week later received an email to interview. I was given a few options for times. They did advise it will be an hour long interview.
    You meet with HR and then they take you to the manager of the department.
    After your interview with them and if they want to move forward; the manager will give you a tour of the unit and then go back to HR.
    A few days later I received an email stating they wanted to move forward. The following week I received an email for the background check and the drug testing.

Interview Questions

• What made you apply to this particular position?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time you had a difficult customer or situation and your outcome   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate the salary was more than i expected

Imaging Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sibley Memorial Hospital (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and a week later I received and email inviting me for an interview.I was able to pick the date and the time. I arrived 10 min early and was asked to fill out some forms, then I met with the talent acquisition manager for 5 min and the manager of the department for 10 min. The manager of the department told me she was not a good interviewer, so she usually hires and see how the person works and interacts with the team during the 90 days of probation. Obviously she was not prepare for the interview. It has been 2 weeks and I have not heard back from them. Good luck

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Question asked by the talent acquisition member   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sibley Memorial Hospital in April 2016.

Interview

Apply online- recieved an email from HR asking me to come for an interview. Interviewed with HR and then my nurse manager. She asked both situational questions and the basics( strengths/weakness's; Why this hospital?) Then we toured the unit and she introduced me to my mentor the same day. I guess that meant I had the job! I drug tested and reviewed my job offer the same day. 2 others that were hired near the same time as me had the same experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you found it difficult to work with someone in your team?   Answer Question

Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sibley Memorial Hospital.

Interview

Not much, You come in and introduce yourself to the supervisor. Then they hand you documents and other material. You receive your shirt and then go and get a badge.

Interview Questions

• Why did you decide to volunteer ?   1 Answer

Nurse Extern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sibley Memorial Hospital (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

I knew one of the nurse recruiters and she got me in for the interview day. There were about 25 of us applying for various units and some people got to interview for multiple units. I applied for Ortho and at the end of my interview they offered me the job and I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sibley Memorial Hospital (Washington, DC) in September 2013.

Interview

I was called a couple of days after submitting my resume. I went to human resources and met with the nurse manager for the department I applied for. I was hired on the spot and was taken back to human resources to complete my urinalysis and other documents to finish the process.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had an obstacle and what steps do you take to resolve it   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sibley Memorial Hospital (Washington, DC) in August 2011.

Interview

First was a phone interview. Once the phone interview was passed, I had a full day of interviews with members of the C-Suite and Physician Leaders. The interviews were both group and 1:1.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sibley Memorial Hospital in December 2010.

Interview

Very short - somebody dropped out of an internship program for new graduates and they needed somebody to fill the spot ASAP. My application was at the top of the pile. The recruiter who interviewed me left shortly after, so I have little to no guidance about what it would be like now. Also, Sibley has since completed a merger with Johns Hopkins medicine. I recommend looking for narratives after the beginning of 2012 to get an up-to-date account of the hiring process currently.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in working here? Why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.