Sicom Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Doylestown, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sicom Systems (Doylestown, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

Recruiter found me on Dice and gave me a ring to see how I'd fit the company. This lead to a phone screen with the Senior Technical Architect. The phone conversation was some basic questions about my background, and some discussion about projects on my resume. The phone interview ended with a short class design exercise. About 2 weeks later, the recruiter contacted me again to set up an in person interview. I interviewed at Sicom's location in Doylestown PA where I was accompanied by the same Senior Architect that I had talked to on the phone.

The interview lasted about 4 hours and was an overall enjoyable experience. I was shown all the different departments within Sicom and where each worked and what they do. While being walked around I was asked general questions about how I thought each part of the process worked.

The technical part of the interview was a sit down discussion. I was given some time to look over code snippets and then I was asked to walk through what the code did. There was no live coding.

At the end of the day I sat down with the HR woman who was extremely nice and was asked some basic questions about my personality and how I describe myself, etc.

I received an offer no more then a week later.

Interview Questions

• How does the system know when you arrive at a drive through?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doylestown, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sicom Systems (Doylestown, PA).

Interview

I received an initial phone call (about 30 mins - hour) to speak about my background, followed by an in-person interview at their headquarters a couple of weeks later.

During the in-person interview, I was walked through their POS systems and asked questions along the way about what I expect/how I might implement some of their systems.

I was given a tour through their headquarters and saw most of the various departments.

There was a small coding exam where I examined and answered questions about a code sample they provided.

Most of the interview was spent with a senior architect and a small portion at the end was with an HR rep. Both were very enjoyable and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important factor when considering a POS system for a restaurant drive through?   1 Answer

IT Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Doylestown, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sicom Systems (Doylestown, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter. Had a brief in person interview with recruiter. Shortly followed by a phone interview with Sicom Systems. Then was given an in person interview the following day.
    In person interview went well. Was offered a position at the end of the interview.

IT Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Doylestown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sicom Systems (Doylestown, PA) in September 2011.

Interview

Interviewed was quite intensive from an IQ test, hardware and software technical examinations. You will meet with the CEO, CFO, Director of Support and head of Human Resources within your interview. 2 weeks of training on software, and then another 3-6 months of hands on training.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question: Say you lend someone your car and you get a call saying the car is not starting, how would you troubleshoot with them to diagnose the problem?   2 Answers

Negotiation

They were impressed with my scores and answers to the technical and analytic portions of my exam. Negotiated salary price and what will be offered after probation period. Signed confidentiality forms.

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Doylestown, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sicom Systems (Doylestown, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

Lengthy, but easy since it is an intro level job. Got a call from a recruiter and a couple over the phone interviews. Then got an interview with employees in the company.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Doylestown, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sicom Systems (Doylestown, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

Got a email requesting a phone brief phone call, the next day had the call with a HR rep. That lasted all of 5 minutes, at the end she invited me in for a face to face interview with the dept. manager. The actual interview was mostly the manager talking about what the new product was and how it related to their business. They asked how my past experience would benefit SICOM.

Interview Questions

• What's one thing your current employer would say is a weakness of yours?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansdale, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sicom Systems (Lansdale, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Quick phone call the day before they wanted me to start working, told me its Monday through Friday, 8am to 5, no weekends. In reality, when I started the next day, I was advised it was mandatory weekends, and your daily hours changed from day to day and could go to 9pm. Also about my second week there, I realized that I should have technical know how to help customers fix their restraurant equipment. That was never told to me.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview questions were basically Can you start tomorrow?   1 Answer

Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Doylestown, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sicom Systems (Doylestown, PA) in May 2008.

Interview

VERYYYY LONG PROCESS!
    Be expected to be asked to come back numerous times

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sicom Systems in December 2012.

Interview

First time just Phone interview, The next step was a personal interview in a nice office (1on1). Then i get test task what I have to solve between a few hours. Then again personal interview regarding of personal background checking and also for discuss more about skills and knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Javascript OOP questions.
      PHP OOP questions.
      PHP lexical knowledge (inheritance, class vs object, modells, postgre sql)   Answer Question