Sidley Austin Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 12, 2017

2.7

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sidley Austin (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

The process with the recruiter and following the instructions with submitting required personal information and taking the Predictive Index (PI) survey was a comfortable experience. Very disappointing experience with the hiring manager. The hiring manager was cold, no smile, was not welcoming, stone face, showed very little emotion, shared no information about the company. Seemed to me to be annoyed. I initialed a follow-up email with the recruiter to inquire about my interview status five business days after the interview only to be informed that they have decided to continue the search.

Interview Questions

• Very general questions about my experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sidley Austin (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through a head hunter, then brought in to meet paralegal manager. I also met with a partner and associate. All were warm and engaging. Very focused on getting the job done. No nonsense firm with a culture that seems very open to women and minorities. The process took a total of two weeks.

Billing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sidley Austin (New York, NY).

Interview

2 rounds of interviews, first with direct supervisors and second with other department heads to make sure you'll fit well cross functionally. I was told if you make it past the first round, almost all candidates pass the second round screening.

Interview Questions

• What drew you to the law industry? What especially about Sidley?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sidley Austin (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied right out of college and through a career fair for recent graduates. I was interviewed by hiring coordinator at the career fair, very general questions. After, I was then interviewed at firm with three associates.

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sidley Austin (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

It was very simple -- I met with them at a career fair and they asked me basic questions about my resume and past experiences. They also asked me if I wanted to be on the litigation side or corporate side, so be prepared to pick a side if you're interviewing for the position.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sidley Austin (New York, NY).

Interview

2 rounds of interviews. Meet with 3 partners, 2 associates, and the program coordinator for your practice group. Pretty easy interview overall. I think you just have to say you're interested in law, willing to work long hours and willing to work lots of overtime.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sidley Austin (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy interview experience overall. I met with two current employees who asked me about my interest in law. They did a lot of the talking, explaining what was required for the job and the company culture. They were friendly and easy to talk to. They didn't ask many difficult questions and overall the interview was pretty casual.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sidley Austin (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Came into the office and met with the paralegal supervisor and HR representative to go over certain paperwork. Then, according to a prearranged schedule, met with multiple attorneys within the practice group one on one in their office. Asked very standard, behavior/background questions. No prior knowledge assumed. Asked about interests/hobbies. Very much concerned with fit.
    Certain attorneys were clearly very relaxed and concerned more with seeing personality - others were more concerned with academic/extracurricular qualifications and ability to manage the demands of the position.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable do you feel juggling multiple assignments?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sidley Austin (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Pleasant, not by the book interview with several attorneys, who would become members of the group I would be working with. Asked various questions about experience, likes or dislikes, etc.

Legal Secretary (An Update) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Sidley Austin (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Now, today, a month after I contacted B.T. in Human Resources, Sidley is "still interested" in me and would like me to come in for the final interview. I told my recruiter that I'm not interested in them.

Allow me to provide a timeline:

June 7 - 1st of 3 interviews

June 19 - 2nd of 3 interview

July 3 - I'm informed by my recruiter that they'd like me to return during the week of July 15th. This never took place. I frequently checked in with my recruiter, and was just told that she never heard from them and that I am still "in the running".

August 15 - I contacted B.T. in Human Resources

September 11 - My recruiter informs me that they called last night, asking about me and if I could come in for the 3rd interview. I told her no, I am not interested.

Seriously?? How many more red flags do I need?

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work here?   1 Answer