Siemens Applications Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Siemens Applications Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 16, 2017

3.2

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Siemens.

Interview

The first round was a HR interview. Most of the questions were about my previous work experience. The kind of projects that I have handled.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are more suitable for this role ?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Siemens

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2009.

Interview

The first call was from HR. The second call was from the hiring manager. The next call was with a senior VP. This was followed by an on-site visit. The on-site visit included a panel interview with 4 people including the hiring manager, senior engineers and a VP. It also included a couple of one-on-one interviews. The lunch was organized in the cafeteria and I spoke to a couple of employees about their experiences. I suppose that was part of the interview process as well.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the most important challenges in the Energy Sector?   Answer Question
    • Can you describe some of our products and services in detail? Can you talk about the Smart Grid project? Who are some of our power customers?   1 Answer
    • What motivates you to work in the Energy sector? Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was impressed with the salary offered and accepted immediately.

Applications Engineer Interview

Interview

Project based interview. The manager would discuss your past projects to see if you have the aptitude to work in a fast, collaborative environment.

Interview Questions

• How would you react if your manager asks you to do something which you know is wrong?   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elbląg (Poland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens (Elbląg (Poland)) in February 2013.

Interview

A brief phone interview, including verification of language skills. Followed by a regular interview with a team consisting of manager, senior prospective coworkers, and HR personnel. A psytest was administered before the interview.

Interview Questions

• Were shown a process diagram, and asked to describe the process.   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Siemens (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in September 2012.

Interview

Telephone interview, following by a face to face behavioral interview and skills assessment. The telephone interview was conducted by the a HR team member who subsequently invited me to an interview with a group panel consisting of 3 senior managers.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Siemens.   1 Answer

Application Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview followed by Contracting agency and then Siemens managers

Negotiation

Really bad ...

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Siemens in July 2009.

Interview

There is no test or anything like that. You just need to have nice CV at first to get through their outsourced recruiter. Then if you look good in the recruiters opinion such as if you have good english, communication skill and great personality, then you will be through to the next stage where the Engineering Manager and the HR will interview you. You got to know your technical stuffs if you are applying for technical position. Then after that is true, you are done. If you impressed both of them, then you are through.

Interview Questions

• Describe the Wastewater Treatment System, an example of it.   1 Answer