Siemens Interview Questions in Charlotte, NC | Glassdoor

2.8

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Building Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Siemens (Charlotte, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Came in and interviewed with power plant manager and assistant.
    we sat down and discussed my resume and was offered the position.
    Later we talked about benefits and pay.
    took a tour of the facility and was shown the power plant and other areas we are in charge of.

Interview Questions

• I was asked question about chiller operations and maintenance.   1 Answer

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Siemens (Charlotte, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

You have to pass a national test and the interview is with three managers, all three have to agree to continue the hiring process. The background check takes at lease a month, they will check all aspects including neighbors, relatives, friends, a number of years back.l

Interview Questions

• What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?   1 Answer

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Siemens (Charlotte, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Got in interview through a mutual friend who worked there. Interview questions were behavioral. There was in initial interview with the head engineer, then a tour, then another interview with a different engineer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to convince someone of something, anything.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Siemens (Charlotte, NC) in December 2015.

Interview

Siemens did the screening interview with small video clips. I was given a question, about 30 seconds to prepare and then was recorded for up to three minutes for my answer. I think this is a very effective screening tool.Rather than a phone interview with a lower level HR person, these videos could be sent around to the hiring manager to view at their leisure. I then had an onsite interview that I thought went very well. Unfortunately I was the only one who thought that since I could never get anyone to reply to my emails or voice mails regarding the status of the job.

Warehouse Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Siemens (Charlotte, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

One on one and then a 2 person interview in another room. First interview went well. Asked me general questions about what I did and why I wanted to work for Siemens. Second interview was very odd. One person had only been on the job for a few days and the other person had already quit and was moving on.

Interview Questions

• The 2 people that interviewed me kept asking why I would want to leave my current position after such a long time?   1 Answer

Director of Transportation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Siemens (Charlotte, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

Intereview was good, speaking with multiple groups across the supply chain. 2 sets of phone interviews that took at least 2 hours to complete. Questions were fair and positive and I was allowed sufficient time to answer. It was an overall good experience. I feel it would have been a better interview in person than over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever done anything that compromised my integrity?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens (Charlotte, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

As a result of an online job application, I received an email to participate in the 1st step interview pre-screening selection process using the On-Demand Video/Digital Interview HireVue.com 3rd party software Siemens uses. This is an alternative to the past practice of telephone or F2F interviewing with an HR recruiter prior to being forwarded to the next step interview with a hiring manager. The HireVue.com digital interview process uses your PC or mobile device's web cam & microphone to record your video & audio responses to Siemens pre-set interview questions. The digital interview duration is estimated to take 10 minutes, however you are allowed 21 mins for prep (30 sec) & recording (3 mins) of 6 canned questions which my interview had (interview allotted time is based on # of questions pre-loaded depending on the position applied too...quantity is unknown at start of interview). I had the typical work experience behavioral questions ...tell me about a time when... and one flat-out salary question...what did you make at your last job and what do expect for a minimum salary at Siemens. I used a relevant position salary range to encompass what I would expect to be offered. No relevant technical questions were asked.
    The digital video format is straight forward and simple to follow and allows stops or breaks in between if you need to take a break or take care of a personal business event. I had to call HireVue Help Line to resolve a no audio problem with my PC settings before I started the timed interview. You control the advancement to each successive interview question at your own pace. That makes it comfortable if you what to have a few key notes in front of you to help keep your anxiety level in check. You’re supposed to treat this interview as if it is a F2F with appropriate web cam backdrop and business suit attire recommended. It goes by rather fast, but it somewhat impersonal in nature, since it is a one-way interview and all you'll see is the interview question and a timer to "beat the clock”. You are encouraged to look directly in to your web cam light to enable direct eye contact with the future interviewer(s) to create that "personal " connection.
    I submitted the completed HireVue.com On Demand Video Interview, but never received a status reply after waiting two weeks, so I sent off a follow-up email to the contact HR Talent Acquisition Professional. No positive or negative reply received after a total of four weeks since the submission.

This is not the typical respectful response for the start of the interviewing process with other firms that I have experienced. This initial On Demand Video Interview process is extremely impersonal and one-way with no reasonable closure once the interview process starts. It felt as if I was invited into a room for a F2F interview and they closed the door behind me and left me there hanging with no follow-up reply. This is yet another "black hole" ATS process similar to the initial online application parsing ATS process job applicants are all too familiar with.

This current process is going to reflect poorly on the Company's reputation as to their efforts to successfully follow-up with selected interviewing job candidates. This could very well be an omen on how they will treat and respect the successful candidates after they are hired.

In my opinion, much is lacking in the first step of their On-Demand Video Interview selection process.
    I certainly hope your experience is more rewarding than mine was!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when....   1 Answer
    • What was your present/most recent salary compensation?
      What salary expectation do you have for this position?   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Siemens (Charlotte, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

First was a phone screen with HR. Then, a very brief panel type interview with the hiring manager and a few of his/her direct reports. One final interview (same day) with business line manufacturing manager.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Siemens (Charlotte, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

I was an existing employee that interviewed for an internal posting. I interviewed with multiple managers of the group in person. The managers I interviewed with were professional and personable. They were mostly interested in how I handle interpersonal issues and problem solving issues.

Security/EMT - Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Siemens (Charlotte, NC) in November 2011.

Interview

Standard job interview, Casual but professional. Explained alot about not only the Contraction company, but the site who I would be working directly with. Met with the site management and they were very nice and professional. Other employees that were there were very welcoming, polite and professional.