Siemens Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.7

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Chief Executive Officer Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Siemens (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

30-minute interview at my school in Chicago, with one HR person from the CEO Program Office and a current participant in the program. I had only one interview, with other 10 people being interviewed on the same day.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about your resume, and about yourself.   1 Answer

Rotational Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens (Chicago, IL).

Interview

8 back to back behavioral interviews with potential rotational managers. Focused mostly on why you wanted to work at Siemens and why a rotational development program. Applicant must come in knowing how a rotational development program works.

Interview Questions

• Are you open to relocating every 6 months   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Siemens (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

The Interview process was a video interview. They asked five to eight questions where I had a set amount of time to respond. Each question was recorded for a maximum length and the Interviewee can re-record their answers as many times as they would like. Only downside is this limited the possibility to ask questions at the end except for in written form and wait for a response.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens (Hoffman Estates, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online then got email from hr and asked some questionnaire then got email from manager for phone interview. The phone interview was just normal like can you do multi-tasking and tell about yourself. After that i got onsite interview call. Onsite interview was taken by three team members. After one week i got offer for internship.

Interview Questions

• Basic software development life cycle methods and OOPS concept.   Answer Question

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Siemens (Elgin, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

Received a surprise call for a video interview after applying to the position 90+ days earlier. On site interview consisted of a meeting with the hiring manager and stakeholders from 3 business units that all have competing interests. They all wanted the answer to the questions to be that I would prioritize their work over the others. The hiring manager spent a lot of time on Siemens various business units but offered very little by way of specifics for the position. The panel process was not well organized, the interview started late, ran late, and gave little indication whether or not the candidate and organization would be a good fit. May have just been a busy day on their end...

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Round Lake, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Siemens (Round Lake, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Hiring process was extremely long and tedious. Very disorganized and lengthy. Took 3.5 months overall from initial contact to the actual start date. Had interview with 7 people. All interviewers were great pleasant people. Lots of behavioral questions from hiring manager. The rest of the interviewers concentrated mostly on actual job experience.
    Then after all interviewing was complete there was a hiccup on their end and I had to wait almost a month to obtain additional approval on this position from CIO if the company due to tightening of hiring which was unnerving and frustrating.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They did not increase base salary however I was able to get good sign on bonus

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Siemens (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

The job was posted in September. After no word for several months, applicants were sent an email link to a video interview. Since HR was in a hurry, they sent everyone the same link even the job descriptions were incorrect. Panel interviews were then conducted in a temporary room just off of the trade-show floor

Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Siemens (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Met with several principal stakeholders individually. It was a 3 hour process and they made it as comfortable as possible. Each stakeholder asked specific and direct questions as to my ability to assist in their area.

Automation Controls Systems Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Prospect, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens (Mount Prospect, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Great phone interview. Invited for a in person interview. Very promissing hire! My previous skills relate closely to the skills needed in the new position I applied for.

Interview Questions

• Trying to explain how my past experience relates to what the position is looking for and how my past experience will be beneficial in the new role.   Answer Question

Procurement Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens (Buffalo Grove, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

It was a two round process. I interviewed on campus with two people and from there received an invitation to do an in-person group interview. It was a fairly standard process with the first interview being all behavioral questions. The second interview was with five other candidates and was a full day. It consisted of a group dinner the night before the daylong interview, multiple 1:1 interviews with different people with different positions and responsibilities, a group case study, and interaction with an executive sponsor of the program.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you didn't have complete information but had to act upon a challenge.   Answer Question