Siemens Energy & Automation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Siemens Energy & Automation Interview Questions

2.9

Field Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Siemens Energy & Automation (Hampton, VA) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed. It was conducted by 2 personnel from Siemens. They did not ask many questions but did ask to draw a schematic for a system I was familiar with and ask several things based off the drawing.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicopee, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Siemens Energy & Automation (Chicopee, MA) in April 2012.

Interview

-Someone called asked about strengths and weaknesses, Project experience, Tell me about the company, what motivates you.

Engineering Leadership Dev Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Siemens Energy & Automation (Orlando, FL) in October 2011.

Interview

First round interview was mainly a situational and personality interview. I got a call about a month and a half later for second round interviews.
    Second round interviews, were 1:1, then Panel, then HR. 1:1 and Panel interviews were technical.

Interview Questions

• From a modal analysis, what would a frequency response of system look like?   Answer Question
    • Go through the cycle processes and explain the reasoning for a gas turbine?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The company really doesn't negotiate with students right out of college, but they did ask for a range of my other offers before they made an offer.

Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Siemens Energy & Automation (Houston, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

Was contacted by Program Manager to discuss interest for a panel interview. Went into office and was interviewed by 3 other engineers in the same position, a manager and 2 other engineers. Interview was fairly social and focused more on customer facing and background than technical skills.

Accountant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens Energy & Automation (Chicago, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

Met with Controller and Accounting Manager separately. Some technical questions, but they were more concerned about how I would fit into the team already in place so interview was more conversational than behavioral. I felt comfortable walking in on my first day because I really liked the Controller.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer was good, negotiated for more PTO time, but salary was on scale.

Senior Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Siemens Energy & Automation (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2011.

Interview

common interview questions , nothing special , many people from different groups , no hr involved in the interview .

Engineering Leadership Dev Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Siemens Energy & Automation (Atlanta, GA) in April 2011.

Interview

I conducted a phone interview then was invited for a face-to-face interview. It was not your traditional type interview--never met with hr. I was told I would hear back from the recruiter, but never heard back from anyone.

Interview Questions

• Rate your experience on a scale of 1 to 10 in a particular area.   Answer Question

EIT Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amarillo, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Siemens Energy & Automation (Amarillo, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

there were 4 interviews, 3 technical/personality interviews and 1 HR interview. Asked basic troubleshooting and physics/engineering questions, nothing too specialized.

Interview Questions

• how would you troubleshoot a situation where one water tank is leaking and losing pressure?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Siemens Energy & Automation (Norcross, GA) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview was arranged with an internal recruiter with no expectations of what the interview would consist of besides that it would be five 30 minute interviews with individuals. There was no mention of the role of the interviewers.

The one on one interviews were with people with different responsibilities. There was no expectation of what the process would be from person to person. Each interview was very different.

The real difficulty was short exposure to different people and not being able to build on your conversations since in 30 minutes you start again from hello.

Interview Questions

• How did you convince someone to do something they were opposed to doing?   Answer Question

Applications Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wendell, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Siemens Energy & Automation (Wendell, NC) in January 2011.

Interview

They were extremely nice and polite. The work environment was great. They didn't ask a lot of technical questions and they focused more on my resume and asked me some simple questions about my experiences and skills. Everything was alright, but unfortunately I couldn't get the position, and I'm still trying to find a position at Siemens. I completely understand they were looking for the best qualified applicant and definitely they have chosen the best one. By the way, I heard the salaries are not so high at Siemens, but I love to work at Siemens....

Interview Questions

• An unexpected technical question: for automated monitoring of circuit breaker, what do you do?   1 Answer