Siemens Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Siemens Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Siemens (Orlando, FL).

Interview

The engineering manager who interviewed me was surprisingly sharp. Good and in depth questions. Then an HR person called me to find out about my salary expectation and asked me: "Is this number what you really want or are just throwing around numbers, because that's what some people do. They throw around a ridiculous number so that they can negotiate."

Interview Questions

• Explain to me how you designed X, Y....

The weird part came when three men called me to negotiate a possible salary offer. Not only did they not want to give me a raise or match what I was getting but they were talking about offering me about 30% less for the privilege of working with Siemens. I cut the interview short. They were talking at the same time. It got weird. I found the process insulting. I felt ganged up by them!!!
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Siemens

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens in April 2016.

Interview

I applied to the job online. Several weeks later, I was contacted by a recruiter about another opening and was told to apply. After applying I told the recruiter and was set up for an interview. Interview was in the morning and was conducted by 2 other engineers I would be working with. Interview was pretty relaxed, just some behavioral questions and a few technical questions involving wind turbines.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Siemens.

Interview

Meeting with the human resource representative first. Then, the Technical part started, meeting with the lead engineer. A tour of the facility followed. The wrap up was again with the human resource representative where they explained more about the company's benefits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens (Orlando, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

phone interview and then on-site. they had a written set of questions and questions were asked from that list. the questions are typical questions. it was not very well organized and it was very chaotic.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Siemens (Atlanta, GA) in February 2013.

Interview

Interview was carried out on college campus. Talked to two representatives during interview. They asked a series of basic question, i.e. (What are you interested in, how much do you know about Siemens, What are your greatest strengths, What are your weaknesses, etc.). There were no tests or quizzes.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to pick an engineering concept which I was familiar with and explain it to them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Siemens (Orlando, FL) in May 2011.

Interview

Had a brief phone interview and was offered a face to face that never got scheduled..

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Siemens (Orlando, FL) in April 2011.

Interview

Simple. Drug testing. General questions regarding your experience an skills. Make sure to use the keywords from the job posting in your answers. Always answer positively and never criticize past employers or colleagues.

Interview Questions

• Standard 'what would you say your worst quality is?' Type of stuff. HR just sits there looking bored.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Siemens (Norcross, GA) in November 2009.

Interview

Started with interview on campus after career fair with single interviewer. Follow up interview consisted of multiple one on one interview with various program and HR managers followed by a group exercise with all the candidates and presentation on product lifecycle management.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when posed with an unethical situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens (Buffalo Grove, IL) in July 2009.

Interview

Interview process was pretty good and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What are the areas of improvements?   1 Answer
    • How do you make other people accept your ideas?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Siemens (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

There were two aptitude test from which some candidates were shortlisted
    then technical written which was again elimination round
    Then technical interview after one week
    the HR at the same location. after that the selected candidates were sent an offer letter by mail.