Siemens Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 1, 2017

2.8

34 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Siemens (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was conducted as a 20 to 30 minute Skype interview. I was emailed by the company and asked to list my opening time slots and was scheduled to interview the following day. Four interviewers were present and it started via Skype but after the call cut out, the remainder was done by phone.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Siemens

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Siemens (Orlando, FL).

Interview

The engineering manager who interviewed me was surprisingly sharp. Good and in depth questions. Then an HR person called me to find out about my salary expectation and asked me: "Is this number what you really want or are just throwing around numbers, because that's what some people do. They throw around a ridiculous number so that they can negotiate."

Interview Questions

• Explain to me how you designed X, Y....

The weird part came when three men called me to negotiate a possible salary offer. Not only did they not want to give me a raise or match what I was getting but they were talking about offering me about 30% less for the privilege of working with Siemens. I cut the interview short. They were talking at the same time. It got weird. I found the process insulting. I felt ganged up by them!!!   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens in April 2016.

Interview

I applied to the job online. Several weeks later, I was contacted by a recruiter about another opening and was told to apply. After applying I told the recruiter and was set up for an interview. Interview was in the morning and was conducted by 2 other engineers I would be working with. Interview was pretty relaxed, just some behavioral questions and a few technical questions involving wind turbines.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Siemens.

Interview

Meeting with the human resource representative first. Then, the Technical part started, meeting with the lead engineer. A tour of the facility followed. The wrap up was again with the human resource representative where they explained more about the company's benefits.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Siemens in April 2015.

Interview

Met recruiter at career fair. Showed interest and was asked to submit resume for engineering co-op that pipelines to EIT program after college. Set up one on one interview for next day. Currently don't know if I got the job, but was told that he was impressed by my responses and experience and that I am an excelent canidate.

Interview Questions

• Breifly explain a time you desired a leadership role and describe the steps you took to try and achieve it.   Answer Question
    • Breifly explain a time you had a conflict with a co-worker and how did you resolve it? What could've you done differently?   Answer Question
    • Describe yourself? What are your goals in 5 years? Ten?   Answer Question
    • Put these in order of importance cost, scheduling, safety, quality   1 Answer
    • Drsvribe a time where you had to complete a task with limited time and/ot resources. How did you go about solving it? What was the result? What would you do differently?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Siemens (Orlando, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online on their jobs website, July 2014. I did not hear anything for several weeks, tried contacting several Siemens HR people with no success. I finally emailed my resume to a person I had worked with several years before in that company and he was able to get it to the hiring manager. The hiring manager called me for a quick phone interview the last week of August (2014). We just basically talked about why I wanted to leave my present company and what I knew about the position I was interested in. I met the hiring manager for lunch the next Friday; talked about my background, general Q&A back and forth. Everything went good and I was scheduled for a panel interview with 2 senior managers about a week and a half later. During the panel interview we talked about strengths and weaknesses, former positions and future goals. This position works directly with a high level customer, so I had to meet with the customers representatives before they would make me an offer. There were no real technical questions discussed during the customer interview, just making sure there would not be any personality issues. Everything went good and I did receive an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Role play between an unhappy customer and the lead engineer (me) discussing engineering and communication failures.   Answer Question

Negotiation

By the end of the interview process, I was on good terms with the hiring manager, we negotiated salary, vacation and start date before the offer letter was drafted. I accepted the first offer and started soon after.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens (Orlando, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

phone interview and then on-site. they had a written set of questions and questions were asked from that list. the questions are typical questions. it was not very well organized and it was very chaotic.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Siemens (Atlanta, GA) in February 2013.

Interview

Interview was carried out on college campus. Talked to two representatives during interview. They asked a series of basic question, i.e. (What are you interested in, how much do you know about Siemens, What are your greatest strengths, What are your weaknesses, etc.). There were no tests or quizzes.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to pick an engineering concept which I was familiar with and explain it to them.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Siemens in January 2012.

Interview

After information session, there was an online test with variety of technical questions. after qualifying that, there was a panel interview- behavioral and technical combined. Behavioral questions were usual like tell us about yourself, are you ok with relocation, what are your location preferences, are you comfortable with traveling for projects, etc.Technical questions were regarding different sensors for temperature, flow, etc. and about DCS and PLCs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Siemens (Orlando, FL) in May 2011.

Interview

Had a brief phone interview and was offered a face to face that never got scheduled..