Siemens Field Service Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Siemens Field Service Technician Interview Questions

2.7

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Field Service Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens.

Interview

The interview process consist of 4 interviews; recruiter, hiring manager, regional manager, and human resources. The recruiter is an online interview, the manager is a face to face traditional interview, and the rest is over the phone.

Interview Questions

• They seem to want to make sure you are qualified for the job. most of the question are target your related work experience.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Siemens

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beltsville, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens (Beltsville, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied through a university job board, and got an email from the hiring manager a few days later asking when I would be available for a brief phone interview and why I wanted to work for the company. Emailed him back the same day, and we scheduled an in-person interview the next week. It was a typical interview with a panel of the hiring manager, as well as two of the engineers at the company. They asked the usual types of questions about my resume/experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would find the unknowns in a given circuit.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Siemens (Hampton, VA) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed. It was conducted by 2 personnel from Siemens. They did not ask many questions but did ask to draw a schematic for a system I was familiar with and ask several things based off the drawing.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Siemens (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

All hiring was done by a 3rd party where you were under temp contract for 6 months. After clearing the screening process for them you had to interview with the hiring manager from Siemens

Anonymous Employee in North Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Siemens (North Kansas City, MO) in August 2011.

Interview

I graduated from an 11 month wind technician course at a career college. The career placement agent recommended me as one of five good candidates for an interview with a Siemens HR person. One week later I interviewed, 1 on 1, with a woman who was very adept at asking comfortable questions to get to know me. One week later I got a call from my new manager offering me the position. She told me it would be nearly 6 weeks before they could begin training me and the three other new technicians they hired. We trained on company policy and what was expected of us for three weeks. Then we were assigned to OJT, On the Job Training in Texas for four months.

Interview Questions

• If you had a boss who was difficult to work for; they were most always in a sour mood, they spoke to you in a condescending way and made you feel like they knew it all, how would you handle that?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The manager called and asked if $22 an hour was an agreeable wage and if I was open to some travel and relocating to a wind farm in the Midwest. I said yes. She asked if it was okay if I had to wait for almost six weeks before I could begin training. I said yes. Then I waited for a "Welcome Aboard" packet she said was being sent to me by overnight courier. The packet arrived about ten days later.

Anonymous Employee in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Siemens (Sterling Heights, MI) in February 2011.

Interview

I likes the Interview process, it was easy and straight to the point. I felt confident throughout the process and it was a great feeling when I got the job

Interview Questions

• are you willing to relocate   1 Answer

Field Service Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Siemens in August 2009.

Interview

Gave phone interview, followed by invite to headquarters for 1:1 interview. Company flew me to their location, provided lodging and car rental. Interview was in STAR format and not especially technical. Was told I had pretty much gotten the job and would receive a formal offer soon. Offer came via email within two days.