Siemens Healthineers Interview Questions in Tarrytown, NY | Glassdoor

Siemens Healthineers Interview Questions in Tarrytown, NY

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Chemical Technician III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens Healthineers (Tarrytown, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter first by email. I replied, who then set up a phone screen, which then led to a physical interview being set up after a day. Because of logistics, the interview didn't occur until the next week.

I have to admit that at first I was intimidated. They didn't seemed impressed, so when I completed the interview my instinct was that I didn't get the position. They also seemed amused at several items in my resume, but I also tried to ensure I demonstrated my competence.

Most of their questions were about my background and to describe my previous research experience, as well as various protocols. Most of my questions were about the nature of the work I would be potentially assigned to. Because there were a variety of teams that contractors can be potentially assigned to, they were rather vague about the nature of the chemical problems that needed solving, and how they might be solved, but because I am see myself as a junior chemist who likes to carve out specifically the constraints of the problems I'm solving, the interview ended up proceeding down a technical path of inquiry, something that I think worked out in my favor.

Interview Questions

• I really can't write about the specifics of this question for privacy reasons, but they joked about how the research I was doing seemed incongruent with the federal department I was doing a summer internship at.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. The initial offer 22/hr seemed very good to me, compared to the academic laboratory salaries I was used to. A colleague later told me she had started at 28.51 as a contractor, but at the same time she had been hired for a higher-demand project, and there might be room for negotiation later if I was ever switched to those kinds of projects.

Chemical Technician III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens Healthineers (Tarrytown, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I interviewed for a manager with three of his employees. I wasn't told that I wouldn't be working for him but instead was working for a difficult woman who was not in the interview. I don't believe this is a fair way to see if the employee and who they will be working with are a good fit.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens Healthineers (Tarrytown, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone screen followed by on-site interview. The best and the most difficult interview was with the Software Director there. Previous interviewers did ask technical questions but I was not sure if they themselves knew the answers. The final interview was with the director and it was the most exhilarating interview I have ever had. I was very impressed with the guy and I kept thinking about that part of my interview even after I left the building.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens Healthineers (Tarrytown, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

typical interview process: HR phone call then a call with hiring manager, then panel interview on site. Relatively quick process but it was a contractor position. All the full time jobs are offered to the experienced contractors who are already working at Siemens for at least 1-2 years.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Siemens Healthineers (Tarrytown, NY).

Interview

Started with a call and prescreen with the talent manager. This was about and hour and asked various questions from my résumé and other materials submitted. Reviewed job expectations, salary requirements etc. Second part was a phone interview with hiring manager. That was an hour phone call with various questions about my experience, expectations, and an opportunity to ask questions about the job. Third part was multiple one-on-one interviews where they used behavior based interviewing techniques. Each time slot was 45 minutes and each person asked various questions and gave me the opportunity to ask questions. Last part of interview was final call with talent management.

Interview Questions

• All questions were fairly basic following the behavior based techniques   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as the offer was very competitive with great benefits

Senior Biochemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens Healthineers (Tarrytown, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

Applied through company website. One on-site interview. Had to give a talk. One group session and three one-on-one's. Questions were direct and straight forward. All in all, the entire interview took half a day. Got a call two weeks later with a job offer but for less money than I specified. They set a limit to how much they were willing to pay by phone and would not budge. Allowed me to think about it but said if they found a suitable candidate in the meantime, they'd offer him the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your previous experience will translate here?   Answer Question

Staff Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens Healthineers (Tarrytown, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

Went well but took too long - 6 weeks, two separate interviews. First was via phone, 2nd one in person). I had to travel a long distance to Tarrytown NY (via airplane).

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Siemens Healthineers (Tarrytown, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

Experience, education, the norm.

Negotiation

My hiring supervisor did the negotiating for me with the HR dept.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Siemens Healthineers (Tarrytown, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

had to attend multiple levels untp VP level

Interview Questions

• How do you update an UI element from a worker thread   1 Answer

Applications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Siemens Healthineers (Tarrytown, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

Interviewed for a job that I knew I wasn't going to get but wanted to have my name out there

Interview Questions

• How would you help TASs to sell more add assays?   1 Answer