Siemens Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 14, 2017

2.7

Customer Service Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Met with the Operations Manager at a local restaurant. He described the position in detail an that there would be room for growth. This is a new position so the possibilities are endless for me. My background has a strong focus on customer and employee support so it was a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• So, why do you want to come back to Siemens? ( I worked there for 6 years over 10 years ago).   2 Answers

Systems Engineer- HVAC Controls Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I had two interviews for this position. The first one was at the Siemens office in Houston and the second one was at the San Antonio location. I was interviewed by two people during my first interview. One guy was the engineering supervisor and the other guy was an experienced individual. The second time, four people interviewed me. This interview consisted of the same engineering supervisor and 3 other engineers that worked there. I was a little nervous but they were nice and so I was comfortable.

Interview Questions

• 1) What is Ohm's Law?
      2) What is the power formula?
      3) What was your least and most favorite class as an undergrad?
      4) Do you have any experience with AUTOCAD?
      5) What are you strengths and weaknesses?
      6) Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      7) Why did you choose the university you graduated from?
      8) How do you feel about working in teams?
      9) Tell us about yourself
      10) Can you troubleshoot a computer?
      11) Any experience with Microsoft Office?
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Siemens (Houston, TX).

Interview

Not much to describe here, it was a simple phone interview for an internship. The manager was very nice and the questions were easy to answer. Overall, it was very much a stress free situation.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions mostly. It was understood that I had no experience coming in.   Answer Question

Power Systems Transmission Planning (Siemens PTI - Houston) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Siemens (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Transmission Planning engineer position in Siemens PTI group at Houston office. They have power system transmission planning projects for utilities in the US and also south America. Two managers and another two team members involved in the interview. Phone interview for 1 hour with a lot of technical questions. Interviewers are experts in the area. Received onsite invitation after 1 week. The onsite interview is not easy but still OK if you really had related experience. The onsite is from 9am to 1pm, with 2 hours technical questions then 2 hours for you to give a technical presentation (a lot of questions regarding your presentation).

The hiring manager arranged all the interview process; no HR involved through the interview process. Still on the waiting list when writing this review. All the interviewers are expert in this area and they are very nice. A little bid strenuous at onsite but still enjoyed the interview.

Interview Questions

• Interviewers are experts in the area. The onsite is from 9am to 1pm, with 2 hours technical questions then 2 hours for you to give a technical presentation (a lot of questions regarding your presentation).   Answer Question

Energy Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got an email for a phone interview after 3 weeks. A week after the phone interview I got an email for a second round of three 1:1 interviews. The company flew me to the division headquarters where I was interviewed. Four days later I heard back with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Who has been the most influential person during your career?   1 Answer

Engineering Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Siemens (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied on-line and about a week later I received a call for an interview. The interviewers were very rude and acted as if they didn't want to be there. They left the room for a minutes and only one came back to ask additional questions. I was ready to leave from the beginning based on their attitudes and behavior. I didn't get the job and was told it was given to someone who already worked there. Perhaps they had to interview others before giving the position to an employee.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Siemens (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

I met the first recruiter at a career fair through my university. We scheduled my first interview for the next day and talked a little about the company and what the job entailed. It seemed to me that basically as long as you were ok with the fact the job was like 85% and working in on outdoor job sites for long periods of time and seemed somewhat motivated, then you were qualified for the next stage of the interview. For the second interview they flew me out for 2 days to Houston. We visited the headquarters there and toured a natural gas facility where they do some work, got to meet lots of people who do the same job and run the business operations in different regions around the US. We went out to a nice restaurant for dinner, where you need to make sure you sit next to one of the people who will be interviewing you the next day and take advantage of your opportunity to socialize with them. Then the next day was a 3 round interview process. We got called in from the breakfast area to another conference which had a bunch of tables walled off by curtains, each one with a panel of 1 or 2 people interviewing 1 person at a time... so pretty distracting noisy environment. Part of me suspects it tests your ability to concentrate with a lot going on around you, such as you might experience as a field service engineer in a construction environment. The interview questions were still mostly personality questions to see if you're a good fit for the demanding work lifestyle, with a few obscure basic engineering questions to see if you can think on your toes under pressure.

Interview Questions

• Describe the Brayton Cycle.   1 Answer

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Siemens (Houston, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

Panel interview had at least one person from each department. Marketing, Engineering, production, project management, commissioning. Each member was able to ask questions specific to their department. Some scenario questions were given on actual fabrication issues that required problem solving.

Interview Questions

• Give examples of experience with difficult employees? Process? Etc   1 Answer

Not enough pay for the work required

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Siemens (Houston, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

I received a call from the recruiter and she scheduled an immediately interview with Siemens manager.

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Siemens (Houston, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

The process was simple, the recruiter set up the appointment after the initial phone screening

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation