Siemens Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Siemens Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2017

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Siemens.

Interview

It was a phone interview. Asked general questions such as Tell me about yourself. Everything went well. But it was a reject after few days. Can't figure out the reason :(

Interview Questions

• Why did you take up data science related subjects in undergrad. (We dont have a choice of subjects in undergrad) :(   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The first contact was a screening call with two members of the technical staff. It was an hour long session of questions about the minutia of Java (collections, concurrency, ABC/Interfaces) and DevOps of which they were seeking very specific answers.

Interview Questions

• In Java, what is the difference between an ABC and an interface?   Answer Question

Clinical Applications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Siemens (New York, NY).

Interview

This was a phone screen conducted by a manager. The first sign it was going to be bad should have been when they called and then hung up on me. The mgr did call back in a minute explaining someone came to their. door (they can't put you on hold?!). Next they asked me to tell them about myself. I was on speaker phone and this person was obviously home and all I could hear was loud banging and background sound. Awkward and unprofessional to say the least. I wasn't sure they could even hear me. The position requires travel which I was aware of. But then they then asked if I'm willing to relocate...across the country. No where was it indicated in the job description there would be relocation. It was listed as a job in my region. The manager then states that HR would call me next week for a follow up however there are other applicants...sounds ok I'm thinking...maybe it'll get better. Not a minute after we hang up do I receive in email that I'm not proceeding to the next round. Why not just say I'm not a fit for the job and move on? Again unprofessional and just poor character. Guess what?! I'm fine with that. This person was unprofessional and rude. No thanks. The worst phone screen ever. Left a very bad impression on me.

Interview Questions

• Just average questions. Tell me about yourself, qualifications. Nothing original   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Siemens (State College, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Was contacted for a phone screen about two months after I applied online. Was invited for a onsite interview that happened about a month later. The onsite interview was with six managers from the office.

Interview Questions

• Typical resume-based and behavioral questions. No technical coding problems.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Siemens (West Lafayette, IN) in March 2017.

Interview

I got selected from the Purdue Career fair.
    My interview got schedule on next day.
    It was pretty short discussion.
    Overall good, to the point.
    First round was behavioral.
    They explained me which departments they have in Siemens.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my resume and project details.   1 Answer

Sales Leadership Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens (Orlando, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I established contact at a campus career fair and received an invitation to use HireVue for the next steps of the interview process. It would appear that they bring all of the candidates that qualify for the next stage to Orlando in the last week of March.

Big Data Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Siemens (Princeton, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

I had a initial HireVue round where I answered five simple Java questions. Then I had a 1 hour phone interview with a panel. Then I was invited to fly onsite for an interview loop. It was one of the poorly managed processes according to time and they were pathetic in keeping time. I had to do a project and it was for one hour but was given only 30 mins. Project Manager was busy and I had to wait for an hour and they didn't know what to do. Poor time management from some company like Siemens was a shock

Manufacturing Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Siemens (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

I applied through a listing on a job board.
    Received an email for a video interview, which I completed.
    received an email request for an in person interview.
    Company recruiter called me for a phone call regarding interview.
    In person interview was a panel interview with four staff members, each had a pamphlet and took turns asking questions. They seemed to not " be on the same page" and were asking questions as if it were a test instead of an interview.
    I never heard anything after the interview. I called the Siemens recruiter 3 times and emailed, but never received a response.
    Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What are the elements of 5s and what do they represent.
      What are the 7 wastes of lean manufacturing.
      1 Answer

Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Siemens in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through their internal job portal and within 2 weeks recieved a "Hirevue" interview. Basically you answer pre-recorded questions via live feed camera. This was the first I ever had that conducted and it was surprisingly uncomfortable.
    Next step was an onsite with a panel. They mostly asked about work experience and some technical questions related to large GT components and how to manufacture/machine them. The questions they asked deviated from a normal SQE position. After another week was called in for another onsite with another panel. This was a heavy technical interview in regards to how you go about manufacturing large gas turbine components which included the type of machinery, welding parameters and GD&T required. Again, very different from the job requisition of a SQE. Didnt recieve any notification but checked my profile and was not selected.
    My guess is they are having trouble with their newly sourced suppliers (cost reductions) and are wanting an mechanical engineer to come in and tell the supplier how to make their components all the way to programming their milling machines.

Interview Questions

• How would you make this part (ring gear)?   Answer Question
    • What type of machine would you use to cut this part ?   Answer Question
    • Given several positional and concentric GD&T questions related to different datums and how to measure a large part.   Answer Question
    • Given several welding AWS code questions and acceptable weld via weld symbology   Answer Question

Technical Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Siemens (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

Met them at general career fair and they called me the same day to set up an interview. Met in a room with three people for a general behavior nontechnical interview.