Siemens Accounting/Finance Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Accounting/Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Siemens (Canton, MA) in April 2007.

Interview

I thought that the interview was great. As a newly interning college student looking for work opportunities to enhance my future career, I was very unsure of myself and my own abilities. When I reached the interview however, I did not feel any stress or pressure from my prospective employer. He was a great guy who asked me what my interests were, he told me a lot about the company, and he told me how he got to the managerial positions he is in now. I was really impressed by how warm he was. After the interview, he even introduced me to a few of his own employees letting them know that I was one of the applicants for interning in their department. I got a great feel for the company, and ended up getting hired and liking the job very much.

Interview Questions

• What are your expectations for working here at Siemens?   1 Answer
  • You said that you're taking summer classes. Do you think that will interfere with your ability to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I requested an hourly salary much higher than what I ended up getting offered. This was my first corporate job, so I didn't realize how much money I could ask for. If you've only ever had a non-professional job, like the kind you hold in high school, don't base what you think is a lot on those. "A lot" is probably a lot more. For all people in similar positions, I would definitely research what companies and their competitors are offering so you know what the average rate is for people applying to positions you are interested in. I would base my pay rate request on that and what other interns you know are making.