Siemens Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,192 Interview Reviews

2.9

Resource Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Siemens (Orlando, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Unimpressive. For a large company, That I think most would say view as an organized, innovative company, I found the interview experience lack-luster at best. I showed up, ahead of time (thankfully), and no one knew where I was supposed to go, the people I was supposed to meet weren't even employed at the location I was told to go to, the interview started late, of the 3 people I was being interviewed by, one was on the phone, and he hung up w/out saying anything, and the 2nd walked out halfway through saying he had to go find another person there to interview for the same job, leaving me with the one person who knew nothing about the position, etc.

Interview Questions

• "Have you ever worked for a large multinational?"   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Siemens (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Multi-level interview process involving telephone screening, online presentation and an office interview. Most of the discussion revolved around past work experience and technical skills. There was very limited HR interaction and mostly things were handled by technical staff.

Manufacturing Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Siemens (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

I applied through a listing on a job board.
    Received an email for a video interview, which I completed.
    received an email request for an in person interview.
    Company recruiter called me for a phone call regarding interview.
    In person interview was a panel interview with four staff members, each had a pamphlet and took turns asking questions. They seemed to not " be on the same page" and were asking questions as if it were a test instead of an interview.
    I never heard anything after the interview. I called the Siemens recruiter 3 times and emailed, but never received a response.
    Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What are the elements of 5s and what do they represent.
      What are the 7 wastes of lean manufacturing.   1 Answer

Procurement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tualatin, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Siemens (Tualatin, OR) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and submitted to the position. First a phone interview/screener was arranged. After passing that, an in person interview was scheduled for a couple days later. Interview was with hiring manager and the other team member. Time frame was over about an hour, and went really well. Received the call from the recruiting agency that they wanted to hire me, just as I had arrived home after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is one way that you have dealt with a difficult customer or vendor and how did the situation turn out?   1 Answer

Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Siemens in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through their internal job portal and within 2 weeks recieved a "Hirevue" interview. Basically you answer pre-recorded questions via live feed camera. This was the first I ever had that conducted and it was surprisingly uncomfortable.
    Next step was an onsite with a panel. They mostly asked about work experience and some technical questions related to large GT components and how to manufacture/machine them. The questions they asked deviated from a normal SQE position. After another week was called in for another onsite with another panel. This was a heavy technical interview in regards to how you go about manufacturing large gas turbine components which included the type of machinery, welding parameters and GD&T required. Again, very different from the job requisition of a SQE. Didnt recieve any notification but checked my profile and was not selected.
    My guess is they are having trouble with their newly sourced suppliers (cost reductions) and are wanting an mechanical engineer to come in and tell the supplier how to make their components all the way to programming their milling machines.

Interview Questions

• How would you make this part (ring gear)?   Answer Question
    • What type of machine would you use to cut this part ?   Answer Question
    • Given several positional and concentric GD&T questions related to different datums and how to measure a large part.   Answer Question
    • Given several welding AWS code questions and acceptable weld via weld symbology   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Siemens in February 2017.

Interview

I interviewed by phone with a recruiter, then about a week later I interviewed with the hiring manager who was based out of country. I was told I would here back within the week regarding next steps. I received no correspondence back. I then followed up on the role 5 additional times over the course of the next 45 days and never received any additional information about the role. These 5 additional communications included correspondence to both the hiring manager and recruiter. I found this lack of communication from Siemens to be unprofessional and reflective of how the company must be operating internally.

Interview Questions

• Interview overall was a typical interview with generic interview questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Siemens (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

met recruiters at college campus career fair. Was emailed for a phone screen where I was asked about behavioral and technical questions. Finally was invited for whiteboard interview. Whiteboard interview consisted of more behavioral questions, then a datastructures question followed by a math problem.

Interview Questions

• General software engineering and data structures questions   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Siemens (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

First interview was a phone interview. Second interview was in person. The interviewers were nice, and the questions were normal interview questions. Answer questions about resume and describe applicable experience.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Siemens in January 2017.

Interview

Mine started with a phone interview request. A week after the phone interview, I received a request to schedule an in-person interview at the hiring location. Approximately, a week later I received a request to come in for a panel interview. They are in the process of deciding on which candidate from the interviews at this time.

Interview Questions

• How I would react in various situations. Most questions were behavioral based.   Answer Question

Technical Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Siemens (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

Met them at general career fair and they called me the same day to set up an interview. Met in a room with three people for a general behavior nontechnical interview.