Siemens Interview Questions in Johnson City, TN | Glassdoor

4.0

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Siemens (Johnson City, TN) in January 2016.

Interview

Gave resume to professor who then passed it on to recruiter. Had a 4-5 hour interview at their offices. 3 groups of 3-4 people would swap in and ask various questions.

Interview Questions

• describe various sorting algorithms giving advantages and disadvantages   Answer Question

R&D Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens (Johnson City, TN) in May 2014.

Interview

I was originally hired as an intern at Siemens during my final semester of undergrad. At the end of the semester I interviewed for a full-time position there and was hired within a few weeks. The interview was scheduled for 3 hours, and it took every minute of that time. It is a very strenuous interview and is nearly all technical. Everyone was incredibly friendly, but it was definitely not an easy interview. They typically only hire the top students from the graduating class out of college.

Interview Questions

• The team was interviewing for works completely in C#; so I was asked pretty much all technically questions related to OO programming and managed programming languages. It was a very broad range of questions so be prepared for anything. One topic that they really drilled down on was memory management in C#. Just because its a managed language doesn't mean you don't have to think about managing memory appropriately, especially when dealing with a massive project. Make sure you know why not to throw an exception in a dispose method.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary was non negotiable (but there was no need to negotiate, it was a generous offer).