Siemens Manufacturing Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 22, 2017

2.9

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Siemens (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Referred through an agency but applied many times. Phone interview about 20mins but it could probably tell if he like to work with you. The attitude was fine, but other companies have better attitude sometimes.

Interview Questions

• What were the chemistry laboratory technique you did and talk about it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Siemens

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Siemens (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Phone screening at first. 2-3 hours interview with at least 4 management individuals. Straight forward question all position related. Interview with hiring manager, HR, Engineering Manager and Plant Manager. 1-2 for response.

Interview Questions

• Typical cliche question, what was the most difficult situation you faced in your last job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Siemens (Charlotte, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

First was a phone screen with HR. Then, a very brief panel type interview with the hiring manager and a few of his/her direct reports. One final interview (same day) with business line manufacturing manager.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Siemens (Columbus, OH) in September 2013.

Interview

Typical interview questions. Tell me a little about yourself without talking about work. Where do you see yourself in 3 years, 5 years, etc. What are your weaknesses and what are your best qualities. Interview was rather easy, just interviewed with 2 people. Took approximately 45 days for them to make an offer. Very slow process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself, without speaking about work history.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens (Oxford, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

First round interview attended on site at Siemens SMT. Standard format - overview of CV, followed by several competency based questions around showing leadership, solving problems, working in difficult situations, showing initiative.

A verbal 'technical' test followed. Perhaps suggest using some sort of problem solving framework to structure answer. Basically, given a piece of paper with a manufacturing problem and the two interviewers wanted to see what you would do so solve it. Think - Ishikawa/Fishbone diagram structure to ensure all bases are covered. Something I probably should have done, instead of making assumptions.

Was a little bit annoyed, as the interview began approx. 25min late (for 1.5hr interview) with no explanation. One interviewer came across as disinterested and impersonal, beginning with a very awkward and seemingly reluctant handshake.

Interview Questions

• How what would solve a particular manufacturing/production problem? (described on piece of paper)   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Siemens (Hyderabad (India)) in June 2012.

Interview

In person,
    HR, about your self, expected pay, what do i know about the organisation
    Technical/Recruiting Manager, subjects of interest, knowledge application in real time , study projects done in course work, interests, future plans

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Siemens in December 2009.

Interview

The interview consisted of technical as well as behavioral questions. I would advice one to prepare fundamental of mechanical engineering and just be yourself.