Siemens Medical Solutions Diagnostics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 9, 2016

2.9

Chemical Technician III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens Medical Solutions Diagnostics (Tarrytown, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter first by email. I replied, who then set up a phone screen, which then led to a physical interview being set up after a day. Because of logistics, the interview didn't occur until the next week.

I have to admit that at first I was intimidated. They didn't seemed impressed, so when I completed the interview my instinct was that I didn't get the position. They also seemed amused at several items in my resume, but I also tried to ensure I demonstrated my competence.

Most of their questions were about my background and to describe my previous research experience, as well as various protocols. Most of my questions were about the nature of the work I would be potentially assigned to. Because there were a variety of teams that contractors can be potentially assigned to, they were rather vague about the nature of the chemical problems that needed solving, and how they might be solved, but because I am see myself as a junior chemist who likes to carve out specifically the constraints of the problems I'm solving, the interview ended up proceeding down a technical path of inquiry, something that I think worked out in my favor.

Interview Questions

• I really can't write about the specifics of this question for privacy reasons, but they joked about how the research I was doing seemed incongruent with the federal department I was doing a summer internship at.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. The initial offer 22/hr seemed very good to me, compared to the academic laboratory salaries I was used to. A colleague later told me she had started at 28.51 as a contractor, but at the same time she had been hired for a higher-demand project, and there might be room for negotiation later if I was ever switched to those kinds of projects.

BI Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Siemens Medical Solutions Diagnostics (Deerfield, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

It was easy, pretty specific to the requirements. The questions mainly revolved around the past work experiences. They also asked about a behavioral situation where you need to make the client understand why the results are being delayed. Prepare the basic sql concepts. Also a little bit of ETL theory and research a little on the tool the team is working on.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flanders, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens Medical Solutions Diagnostics (Flanders, NJ).

Interview

Took about 3 weeks. They emailed me about coming in for an interview. I was suppose to meet with 4 different managers but 1 couldn't make it so it was 3, 30 minute interviews. The interview was mostly based off of my resume, asking about experiences and skills ect.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens Medical Solutions Diagnostics.

Interview

Two engineers (one of them was also a manager) interviewed me over the phone. They were very nice and supportive. Most questions were technical but not too difficult. They asked me questions about my research and a couple of technical questions related to imaging systems.

Interview Questions

• Describe a block diagram of an ultrasound imaging system.   Answer Question

Operator I Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Walpole, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Siemens Medical Solutions Diagnostics (East Walpole, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview internally. Rerouted through a staffing agency as "on-paper" employer. Health benefit specifics not disclosed until after hire and during on-boarding. On-boarding (I-9, W-4) is responsibility of the new hire. Wage offered as "standard, universal" but actually not.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Siemens?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none. Told disingenuously that wage was across the board for new workers. Found out after the fact that new hires before and not long after received $0.50 more hourly.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Siemens Medical Solutions Diagnostics.

Interview

I applied for this position online. Got response from the HR after one week. And then it took about another week for them to arrange a manager to talk with me through phone. After this talk, they scheduled a technical phone interview. (It's like a phone meeting but the signal was some how annoying.) Then followed by the onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Interviewers asked in details about my former projects. They were interested in how I define the problem, do the test, and design the solutions.   Answer Question

Chemical Technician III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens Medical Solutions Diagnostics (Tarrytown, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I interviewed for a manager with three of his employees. I wasn't told that I wouldn't be working for him but instead was working for a difficult woman who was not in the interview. I don't believe this is a fair way to see if the employee and who they will be working with are a good fit.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Siemens Medical Solutions Diagnostics.

Interview

I had applied in early spring but was told that the application process wouldnt begin until late summer/ early fall. I inquired again and applied online to multiple SGP positions, and was quickly contacted by HR about arranging a phone interview and had a call with 2 potential managers within 2 weeks. After the phone interview I was offered to come in to the location for an all day Interview process and was notified of the following- to prepare a speech ( "where do you see Siemens in 5 years), to be ready for one on one interview questions, and also that there would be a case study type situation. I arrived at the in person interview with 5 other candidates and everything went very smoothly and exactly how they described the process to be. I was not selected for the position I interviewed for but was highly recommended to another manager who had been considering an SGP and was hired after another in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see Siemens in 5 years?   1 Answer

Field Service Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Siemens Medical Solutions Diagnostics in November 2014.

Interview

Interview was scheduled for 45 minutes in a hotel lobby. Area service manager, HR manager and two techs were at the interview. What do you know about what we do, tell us about your history, etc., to open the interview. One tech and the HR person actually took up quite a bit of the time answering a couple of my questions. There were no technical questions as they had only screened experienced techs, but most questions were related to dealing with the customer.

Interview Questions

• Although I had extensive field service experience, since I had been on a standard shift for so long, the service manager was concerned about transitioning to the uncertainty of a true field service position.   Answer Question

Tech Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens Medical Solutions Diagnostics (Newark, DE).

Interview

The interview process was long and grueling. They had me do two panel interview and shadow then come in to do another panel interview and shadow some more. It felt very disrespectful to have to interview with 10 different people, for a customer service job.

I had all the qualifications, am well spoken, and intelligent. They interrogated me like I was a prisoner. The racism at Siemens blinded them to a excellent canidate.

While shadowing I found out they hired a guy with no lab experience, and little work experience to do the job but were grilling me.

Siemens in Newark, DE should be ashamed of themselves. They wasted hours of my life and couldn't bother to send a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• The entire interview consisted of difficult and unexpected questions.   Answer Question