Siemens PLM Software Interview Questions in Cypress, CA | Glassdoor

3.2

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software (Cypress, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online via University's career site, and was contacted by Siemen's recruiter the following day by email to set up a 30 minute conversation. The 30 minute conversation was very pleasant, and the recruiter was overall extremely nice and welcoming. The second interview was with a Senior Software Engineer where we talked about various software development paradigms. Finally, I was brought in for a in-person interview, which was similar to the second phone interview. I received the offer the same day of the in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• There were a lot of questions about object-oriented programming and the agile method.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software (Cypress, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

1st was at college campus. Then an onsite interview.
    3 people in a room asked me to do some code questions and talk about myself.
    I did answer as I was asked. Sometimes they did go off on what they do there but to be honest, they kind off made you nervous if you were wrong at something

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software (Cypress, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Had a phone screening and an in-company interview with one HR rep and two team managers. The phone screening consisted of simple background questions and of figuring out logistics for the in-company interview. Depending on what position you apply for, you will get the managers for those teams. The in-company interview consisted of behavioral and technical questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software (Cypress, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

A few days after applying, I received a request for a 45 min phone interview where I talked about the projects I worked on and answered technical questions on mostly C++. This was followed by an on-site interview two weeks later where I met the manager and a few members of the team. After a brief tour around the office, I stayed in a single room where members of the team came in one at a time to interview me. I had the impression that the manager did not want to be at my interview at all and mentioned several times he had somewhere else to be. When he asked if I had any questions, he impatiently told me to not waste time asking questions for the sake of asking questions. Other than that, I talked to two other team members who asked about my previous work and more programming questions. One person was friendly, the other I felt had a smug attitude if you did not know something or answered wrongly.

Interview Questions

• As always, be prepared to talk about your past work in detail. Also expect to code in all the programming languages you put on your resume. They gave me basic input/output questions, asked me to create a database query, and finally asked me to write programs on a whiteboard.   Answer Question

Programming Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software (Cypress, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Was led to a room with three employees. They explained about what the company is all about and what they do. Basically, they wanted to know who you are and what you know? After that, I was led to a one and one interview with the manager.

Applications Engineer - Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software (Cypress, CA).

Interview

The hiring manager was great to work with. He kept me informed about the process and was available for any questions that arose.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to know what my worse professional failure was and how I dealt with it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was lengthly. At one point we seemed at an impasse but eventually found a middle ground we could both be comfortable with. Had to be willing to be strong and walk away on one occasion. Eventually was able to work it out.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software (Cypress, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

There's only one round interview - on site interview.
    They ask me about my Object-Oriented Programming experience, basic c++ questions and computer graphic questions.
    After technical interview, there's a short personal interview.

Interview Questions

• 1.Why do you use virtual function in C++?
      2.Overload an operator in a Class.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software (Cypress, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

I only had 1 phone interview and I will update this later

Interview Questions

• Interviewer wanted to know details of employment education history. even 6 month period.   1 Answer