Siemens PLM Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Siemens PLM Software Interview Questions

Updated Jan 22, 2017

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

Met with the company at university career fair and had an interview the next day. Interview was half hour long with two people interviewing myself. Questions were behavior based and a 1-2 technical questions. Pretty straightforward.

Didn't get an offer

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

Signed up for the interview at my university's career fair. The interview took place at one of their local offices less than a week after the career fair. I arrived at the designated time and was interviewed by two engineers.

Interview Questions

• Explain polymorphism and give an example of run time polymorphism.   Answer Question
    • Give three words that your colleagues might use to describe you.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Siemens PLM Software?   Answer Question
    • Explain function and operator overloading and describe the differences between the two.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software (Cypress, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

1st was at college campus. Then an onsite interview.
    3 people in a room asked me to do some code questions and talk about myself.
    I did answer as I was asked. Sometimes they did go off on what they do there but to be honest, they kind off made you nervous if you were wrong at something

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software.

Interview

The style of the interview process is a little unusual for me. They kept asking and talking about the previous related course projects, intern projects, etc. And I prepared such materials and presented serial projects that I have participated in. There is no questions about algorithm or code.

Interview Questions

• Could you please tell us what have you done in this project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software (Cypress, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

A few days after applying, I received a request for a 45 min phone interview where I talked about the projects I worked on and answered technical questions on mostly C++. This was followed by an on-site interview two weeks later where I met the manager and a few members of the team. After a brief tour around the office, I stayed in a single room where members of the team came in one at a time to interview me. I had the impression that the manager did not want to be at my interview at all and mentioned several times he had somewhere else to be. When he asked if I had any questions, he impatiently told me to not waste time asking questions for the sake of asking questions. Other than that, I talked to two other team members who asked about my previous work and more programming questions. One person was friendly, the other I felt had a smug attitude if you did not know something or answered wrongly.

Interview Questions

• As always, be prepared to talk about your past work in detail. Also expect to code in all the programming languages you put on your resume. They gave me basic input/output questions, asked me to create a database query, and finally asked me to write programs on a whiteboard.   Answer Question

Software Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software (Troy, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

I interviewed for the Siemens PLM Genesis Program, a developmental program that trains new graduates to develop expertise in the Siemens product suite. I was contacted by the hiring manager and proceeded to schedule an interview. I was interviewed by a panel of 4 other Senior Software Product Consultants, and each one of them had different levels of expertise in functional areas of PLM.
    Each of the consultants introduced themselves and gave an overview of their respective roles, as well as their background specialization. I was asked to elaborate on my resume, describe my background and skill set, and asked many behavioral interview questions. The questions were tailored to assess your ability to respond to challenges that the position could face.

Interview Questions

• Suppose a project you are on fails to meet expectations/deadlines, how would you respond/react to that?   Answer Question

Programming Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software (Cypress, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Was led to a room with three employees. They explained about what the company is all about and what they do. Basically, they wanted to know who you are and what you know? After that, I was led to a one and one interview with the manager.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software (Waltham, MA) in August 2013.

Interview

I was contacted via email to set up a phone interview within 24 hour of applying. The phone interview was a quick personal discussion of my University education and the projects that I had mentioned on my resume, he asked about how long the code was trying to get a handle on if I had worked with large code bases. Then the interviewer began asking C++ questions, const keyword in a function, what is a pure virtual function, what is the difference between a balanced tree and a binary tree, what is the advantage of the balanced tree over the binary tree? There were a couple other questions I cannot remember. He was very nice and when I was struggling to come up with the exact keyword he would often give hints.

I then went in for an in person interview and met with the whole Fibersim team and they each asked different questions, mostly about C++, but there were a few questions about SQL and XML. The team was very friendly and there was even a whovian with a sonic screwdriver pen. The interview lasted 3.5 hours but felt like a lot less since it was only 30 min with each team member. The interview was a great experience and I quite enjoyed my time there.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to find errors in a short two page code with derived classes and base classes by one of the team members, although he stated before he gave it to me that he had purposefully made the errors very hard to find and the test was more to observe methodology and comprehension.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software (Aliso Viejo, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Reached out to the recruiter about the role.
    Recruiter replied back seeking my clarification viz. experience on couple of domain items.

Next was a phone screen with Hiring Manager (Director of the division I was applying for) - very cordial interview. The Hiring Manager first gave me an opportunity to discuss my background, past work experience and level of interest in the job. Then the Hiring Manager provided me overview of the role, responsibilities, expectations and timelines.

Then I was invited to an onsite group interview with a 5 member Panel comprising Biz. Dev, Engineering, Release Management and QA teams:
    The Group Interview was cordial - provided me opportunity to explain how could contribute to Product success in marketplace.

At the end of the interview I was hopeful about getting an offer. But I did NOT hear back from the recruiter for couple of weeks. When contacted, the recruiter informed me that Hiring Manager is interviewing other candidates and there was good chance that job would be moved to their Texas offices.

After another couple of weeks, I got a note from recruiter informing that the role was moved to Texas from So. California.

Interview Questions

• Most oft repeated question: Since I was new to the domain, what would be my strategy to gain domain expertise   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software (Cypress, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

I only had 1 phone interview and I will update this later

Interview Questions

• Interviewer wanted to know details of employment education history. even 6 month period.   1 Answer