Siemens PLM Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Siemens PLM Software Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2017

CCR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2016.

Interview

Double interview with supervisors (call center and inside sales managers) in a conference room, followed by another immediate interview with the supreme manager. My recruited set everything up and met me in the lobby with questions to ask the panel and general do's and don'ts. She got back to me the same day to tell me that they loved me. The next day, I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Give us a situation in which you had to overcome a work obstacle?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your background.   1 Answer

Negotiation

non-negotiable, contract to hire position

Student Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software in May 2016.

Interview

Applied through an employee referral. The entire process took about 3 weeks. The recruitment process consisted of a phone interview. The interviewer was the team manager and was very warm and friendly throughout. Most of the interview had questions related to resume and past projects. Few technical questions were also asked relating to the projects.

Interview Questions

• Q) How good are you in Java and what projects have you done to show your skills there?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be prepared thoroughly with the resume. All the questions asked are very much from it.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software in April 2016.

Interview

Had a written exam first, immediately followed by an interview with a panel. Written exam was not that difficult but there are some trick questions. Interview was very informal and easy.

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software (Troy, MI) in December 2015.

Interview

Phd research presentation to the team, lunch with manager, interviewing from
    Individual team members. Final interview with manager, final negotiation with HR manager.
    General questions and discussion on CAM problems.
    Manager was trying to gauge my ability to suggest solutions to different problems.

Interview Questions

• Questions on linear algebra   1 Answer

Negotiation

I talked to holly smith.
    She is nice to talk to. But be clear and firm on your salary expectations. HR is made to hire employees with lower salaries.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software (Cypress, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

1st was at college campus. Then an onsite interview.
    3 people in a room asked me to do some code questions and talk about myself.
    I did answer as I was asked. Sometimes they did go off on what they do there but to be honest, they kind off made you nervous if you were wrong at something

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software (Cypress, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Had a phone screening and an in-company interview with one HR rep and two team managers. The phone screening consisted of simple background questions and of figuring out logistics for the in-company interview. Depending on what position you apply for, you will get the managers for those teams. The in-company interview consisted of behavioral and technical questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software.

Interview

The style of the interview process is a little unusual for me. They kept asking and talking about the previous related course projects, intern projects, etc. And I prepared such materials and presented serial projects that I have participated in. There is no questions about algorithm or code.

Interview Questions

• Could you please tell us what have you done in this project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software (Cypress, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

A few days after applying, I received a request for a 45 min phone interview where I talked about the projects I worked on and answered technical questions on mostly C++. This was followed by an on-site interview two weeks later where I met the manager and a few members of the team. After a brief tour around the office, I stayed in a single room where members of the team came in one at a time to interview me. I had the impression that the manager did not want to be at my interview at all and mentioned several times he had somewhere else to be. When he asked if I had any questions, he impatiently told me to not waste time asking questions for the sake of asking questions. Other than that, I talked to two other team members who asked about my previous work and more programming questions. One person was friendly, the other I felt had a smug attitude if you did not know something or answered wrongly.

Interview Questions

• As always, be prepared to talk about your past work in detail. Also expect to code in all the programming languages you put on your resume. They gave me basic input/output questions, asked me to create a database query, and finally asked me to write programs on a whiteboard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Only one interview, with my to-be supervisor. It was quick (scheduled a couple days in advance) and I had a response 2 days after the interview. The interviewer called me without advance notice to ask a few questions, then scheduled an in person, 1-on-1 interview in the next two days. The interview was 30 minutes long and vaguely technical. I was asked some general questions about C++ concepts, but I did not do any whiteboarding questions. A few questions about leadership experiences and the like as well.

Interview Questions

• Name three access modifiers in C++, and describe what they mean.   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between pass-by-value and pass-by-reference? How is each denoted?   1 Answer

Software Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software.

Interview

Many people have different experiences in this company. I was directly called for onsite interview. I was interviewed by a single manager for 1.5 hr. Asked me about my background, experiences, some technical questions, etc. I am awaiting feedback.

Interview Questions

• I felt the difficult part was when I was asked to give different solutions to a problem in lower complexity.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I am still awaiting decision