Siemens PLM Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Siemens PLM Software Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2017

3.1

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software.

Interview

Applied Online - Got a call after a month for a basic phone screen. Had two technical phone interviews followed by an onsite interview. The phone interviews were 3 on 1 and lasted around an hour. The in-person interview was two on one with a Team lead and Manager which again lasted for about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Questions on data structures and algorithms and some questions on basic concepts in Java and C++.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milford, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software (Milford, OH) in September 2014.

Interview

there are four rounds, the first round is about some general question, and the second round is about some, mathematics questions, then they give some quiz to solve, Finally, they ask some algorithm questions, which is related to binary search

Interview Questions

• the ask many computational geometry things, such like to the determine if the point is with a circle or out side of a circle   Answer Question

Software Engineer Advanced Interview

Interview

Technical Interview was OK. All developers are excellent to work with.

I was offered a job and given a choice of place.
    Overall interview process was good. Mostly they need a people with C++ skill.

Programming Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software (Cypress, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Was led to a room with three employees. They explained about what the company is all about and what they do. Basically, they wanted to know who you are and what you know? After that, I was led to a one and one interview with the manager.

Applications Engineer - Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software (Cypress, CA).

Interview

The hiring manager was great to work with. He kept me informed about the process and was available for any questions that arose.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to know what my worse professional failure was and how I dealt with it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was lengthly. At one point we seemed at an impasse but eventually found a middle ground we could both be comfortable with. Had to be willing to be strong and walk away on one occasion. Eventually was able to work it out.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software (Waltham, MA) in August 2013.

Interview

I was contacted via email to set up a phone interview within 24 hour of applying. The phone interview was a quick personal discussion of my University education and the projects that I had mentioned on my resume, he asked about how long the code was trying to get a handle on if I had worked with large code bases. Then the interviewer began asking C++ questions, const keyword in a function, what is a pure virtual function, what is the difference between a balanced tree and a binary tree, what is the advantage of the balanced tree over the binary tree? There were a couple other questions I cannot remember. He was very nice and when I was struggling to come up with the exact keyword he would often give hints.

I then went in for an in person interview and met with the whole Fibersim team and they each asked different questions, mostly about C++, but there were a few questions about SQL and XML. The team was very friendly and there was even a whovian with a sonic screwdriver pen. The interview lasted 3.5 hours but felt like a lot less since it was only 30 min with each team member. The interview was a great experience and I quite enjoyed my time there.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to find errors in a short two page code with derived classes and base classes by one of the team members, although he stated before he gave it to me that he had purposefully made the errors very hard to find and the test was more to observe methodology and comprehension.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software (Aliso Viejo, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Reached out to the recruiter about the role.
    Recruiter replied back seeking my clarification viz. experience on couple of domain items.

Next was a phone screen with Hiring Manager (Director of the division I was applying for) - very cordial interview. The Hiring Manager first gave me an opportunity to discuss my background, past work experience and level of interest in the job. Then the Hiring Manager provided me overview of the role, responsibilities, expectations and timelines.

Then I was invited to an onsite group interview with a 5 member Panel comprising Biz. Dev, Engineering, Release Management and QA teams:
    The Group Interview was cordial - provided me opportunity to explain how could contribute to Product success in marketplace.

At the end of the interview I was hopeful about getting an offer. But I did NOT hear back from the recruiter for couple of weeks. When contacted, the recruiter informed me that Hiring Manager is interviewing other candidates and there was good chance that job would be moved to their Texas offices.

After another couple of weeks, I got a note from recruiter informing that the role was moved to Texas from So. California.

Interview Questions

• Most oft repeated question: Since I was new to the domain, what would be my strategy to gain domain expertise   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milford, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software (Milford, OH) in April 2013.

Interview

Began with a phone screen. Talked about software life cycle, design, and some algorithms.

The in person interview took about four hours and consisted of:
    1.) Meeting with a manager
    2.) Meeting with a senior engineer
    3.) Taking a programming skills test
    4.) Discussing the test results with a panel of engineers
    5.) Meeting another manager

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milford, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software (Milford, OH).

Interview

Couple of phone interviews, technical, one on site interview, technical and behavioural

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing much. Good pay

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software (Cypress, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

There's only one round interview - on site interview.
    They ask me about my Object-Oriented Programming experience, basic c++ questions and computer graphic questions.
    After technical interview, there's a short personal interview.

Interview Questions

• 1.Why do you use virtual function in C++?
      2.Overload an operator in a Class.
      Answer Question