Siemens PLM Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Siemens PLM Software Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2017

Software Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software.

Interview

Many people have different experiences in this company. I was directly called for onsite interview. I was interviewed by a single manager for 1.5 hr. Asked me about my background, experiences, some technical questions, etc. I am awaiting feedback.

Interview Questions

• I felt the difficult part was when I was asked to give different solutions to a problem in lower complexity.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I am still awaiting decision

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software in January 2015.

Interview

Called for onsite interview. I was Interviewed by 4 managers of a team for 1 hour. They asked about HTML, CSS, Javascript, JQuery, Java, Web Technology, Academic projects, other latest technologies. Even discussed about my previous experiences, projects etc. Gave a brief introduction of their project and work at the end.

Interview Questions

• Busted with different questions from different areas from the managers. Asked about ways of finding new technologies or solutions to challenging problems.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered the same day of interview. No negotiation.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software in January 2015.

Interview

There were a total of two interviews.

The first interview was a phone interview. Here, the interviewer asked questions relating to my background regarding school, projects I worked on, my experience in coding. Overall, this interview was mainly for them to get to know me and for me to get to know them.

The second was an in-person interview. Here there were three interviewers present who gave me two different scenarios where I was to construct a Test Plan to test these two different systems for functionality. More questions were asked about my background that included my education, experience, and goals.

The Test Plan would be done to check and see the information/result is accurate. In my opinion, this was done so they could see how the candidate would test a certain system/application, the thought process, and the approach the candidate will take in working with the specified system.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?

How many lines of code was the most in which you have worked with?

How many Tests do you have to conduct in order to classify a system as reliable/stable?   Answer Question

Software Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software (Troy, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

I interviewed for the Siemens PLM Genesis Program, a developmental program that trains new graduates to develop expertise in the Siemens product suite. I was contacted by the hiring manager and proceeded to schedule an interview. I was interviewed by a panel of 4 other Senior Software Product Consultants, and each one of them had different levels of expertise in functional areas of PLM.
    Each of the consultants introduced themselves and gave an overview of their respective roles, as well as their background specialization. I was asked to elaborate on my resume, describe my background and skill set, and asked many behavioral interview questions. The questions were tailored to assess your ability to respond to challenges that the position could face.

Interview Questions

• Suppose a project you are on fails to meet expectations/deadlines, how would you respond/react to that?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

They interviewed me in person while conferencing in another team member and asked me questions about my skills, how I fit within the globally networked job description, and if I was capable of learning new things

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software.

Interview

Applied Online - Got a call after a month for a basic phone screen. Had two technical phone interviews followed by an onsite interview. The phone interviews were 3 on 1 and lasted around an hour. The in-person interview was two on one with a Team lead and Manager which again lasted for about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Questions on data structures and algorithms and some questions on basic concepts in Java and C++.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milford, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software (Milford, OH) in September 2014.

Interview

there are four rounds, the first round is about some general question, and the second round is about some, mathematics questions, then they give some quiz to solve, Finally, they ask some algorithm questions, which is related to binary search

Interview Questions

• the ask many computational geometry things, such like to the determine if the point is with a circle or out side of a circle   Answer Question

Software Engineer Advanced Interview

Interview

Technical Interview was OK. All developers are excellent to work with.

I was offered a job and given a choice of place.
    Overall interview process was good. Mostly they need a people with C++ skill.

Programming Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software (Cypress, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Was led to a room with three employees. They explained about what the company is all about and what they do. Basically, they wanted to know who you are and what you know? After that, I was led to a one and one interview with the manager.

Applications Engineer - Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software (Cypress, CA).

Interview

The hiring manager was great to work with. He kept me informed about the process and was available for any questions that arose.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to know what my worse professional failure was and how I dealt with it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was lengthly. At one point we seemed at an impasse but eventually found a middle ground we could both be comfortable with. Had to be willing to be strong and walk away on one occasion. Eventually was able to work it out.