Siemens PLM Software Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Siemens PLM Software Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software (Cypress, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online via University's career site, and was contacted by Siemen's recruiter the following day by email to set up a 30 minute conversation. The 30 minute conversation was very pleasant, and the recruiter was overall extremely nice and welcoming. The second interview was with a Senior Software Engineer where we talked about various software development paradigms. Finally, I was brought in for a in-person interview, which was similar to the second phone interview. I received the offer the same day of the in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• There were a lot of questions about object-oriented programming and the agile method.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Siemens PLM Software

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

Met with the company at university career fair and had an interview the next day. Interview was half hour long with two people interviewing myself. Questions were behavior based and a 1-2 technical questions. Pretty straightforward.

Didn't get an offer

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

Two interviewers did a interview focused on my history and skills. They started with a conversation asking about how interested I was in the position, and moved into my history, they next moved onto logic questions which included analyzing code, physics questions, and general logic questions. They then handed me off to a single person for a behavioral interview.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

Received a call from HR a day after I applied. She did an initial screening and asked some HR questions. Later that week, I had a technical telephonic interview with the hiring manager. Questions related to previous work experience were asked & was given an overview of the team. 3 weeks later I had an onsite interview of 4 rounds consisting of a presentation to the team, 1st technical interview, 2nd technical interview & interview with hiring manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

Signed up for the interview at my university's career fair. The interview took place at one of their local offices less than a week after the career fair. I arrived at the designated time and was interviewed by two engineers.

Interview Questions

• Explain polymorphism and give an example of run time polymorphism.   Answer Question
    • Give three words that your colleagues might use to describe you.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Siemens PLM Software?   Answer Question
    • Explain function and operator overloading and describe the differences between the two.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software (Troy, MI) in December 2015.

Interview

Phd research presentation to the team, lunch with manager, interviewing from
    Individual team members. Final interview with manager, final negotiation with HR manager.
    General questions and discussion on CAM problems.
    Manager was trying to gauge my ability to suggest solutions to different problems.

Interview Questions

• Questions on linear algebra   1 Answer

Negotiation

I talked to holly smith.
    She is nice to talk to. But be clear and firm on your salary expectations. HR is made to hire employees with lower salaries.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software.

Interview

The style of the interview process is a little unusual for me. They kept asking and talking about the previous related course projects, intern projects, etc. And I prepared such materials and presented serial projects that I have participated in. There is no questions about algorithm or code.

Interview Questions

• Could you please tell us what have you done in this project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software (Cypress, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

A few days after applying, I received a request for a 45 min phone interview where I talked about the projects I worked on and answered technical questions on mostly C++. This was followed by an on-site interview two weeks later where I met the manager and a few members of the team. After a brief tour around the office, I stayed in a single room where members of the team came in one at a time to interview me. I had the impression that the manager did not want to be at my interview at all and mentioned several times he had somewhere else to be. When he asked if I had any questions, he impatiently told me to not waste time asking questions for the sake of asking questions. Other than that, I talked to two other team members who asked about my previous work and more programming questions. One person was friendly, the other I felt had a smug attitude if you did not know something or answered wrongly.

Interview Questions

• As always, be prepared to talk about your past work in detail. Also expect to code in all the programming languages you put on your resume. They gave me basic input/output questions, asked me to create a database query, and finally asked me to write programs on a whiteboard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milford, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software (Milford, OH) in September 2014.

Interview

there are four rounds, the first round is about some general question, and the second round is about some, mathematics questions, then they give some quiz to solve, Finally, they ask some algorithm questions, which is related to binary search

Interview Questions

• the ask many computational geometry things, such like to the determine if the point is with a circle or out side of a circle   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milford, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens PLM Software (Milford, OH) in April 2013.

Interview

Began with a phone screen. Talked about software life cycle, design, and some algorithms.

The in person interview took about four hours and consisted of:
    1.) Meeting with a manager