Siemens Project Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Siemens Project Engineer Interview Questions

2.9

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Engineer Interview

Interview

fairly simple .. phone interview.. followed by two one on one interviews. one with the hiring manager or team lead - technical round. One written aptitude round. then with the BU head - technical and domain knowledge .

Interview Questions

• nothing that is unusual or that can be termed very challenging   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Siemens

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicopee, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Siemens (Chicopee, MA) in April 2012.

Interview

-Someone called asked about strengths and weaknesses, Project experience, Tell me about the company, what motivates you.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens (Orlando, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview was typical. The questions were very standard: where do you see yourself in 5-10 years. Nothing original. The HR rep said if this guy didn't hire me, she'd find me another spot! Lots of opportunity if you are a go-getter.

Interview Questions

• Have you solved any major problems on your own and explain what happened.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in North Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens (North Houston, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

Straight forward

Negotiation

Verbal offer and then written. They don't like to hear a complaint on the verbal.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Siemens (Charlotte, NC) in October 2011.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, then hiring manager. Then 4-5 onsite interviews. You will have 2 or 3 individuals from your department interviewing you first and then managers from other department interview for additional insight. The interview was easy and just basic questions. Nothing you cannot answer if you are prepared with you resume well.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Siemens (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)).

Interview

Nothing much to say just be yourself.

They will know it when you flaunt it or fake it.

They will ask about your past and will judge you on how you performed.

Its not important taht you have topped your class or your college.

But its important that you show that you a fast learner and smart, which I am sure you are.

Just be presentable and be yourself.

All the best for your future endeavours.

Interview Questions

• Nothing much to say just be yourself.

They will know it when you flaunt it or fake it

All the best.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petaling Jaya (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens (Petaling Jaya (Malaysia)) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied it on LinkedIn, which position is posted by HR. First assessment was a written assessment : general knowledge and essay. Second and final assessment : individual interview with panels and case study. Great experience having the opportunity with Malaysia's brightest talents.

Interview Questions

• Rather direct and common interview questions : weakness, greatest achievement, soft skills   Answer Question

Project Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens (Birmingham, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a very straightforward process.I applied through my University and heard back within 1 week. I was interviewed by a panel of 3 people. One of the three was the manager looking to recruit for his team. They asked the very standard interview questions and the interview didn't last too long

Interview Questions

• - Tell us about yourself
      - Why Siemens
      - Tell us about a time you took lead   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Siemens.

Interview

Applied online and within a couple of weeks was contacted by email to schedule the initial 1:1 interview.

I had 3 separate face to face interviews of 1-1.5 hours each over the span of 4 months! The interviewers were professional and polite and concentrated on my CV, experience, skills and some behavior based questions.

There were a number of instances where they were asking a bit too many personal questions, such as why I left previous employers. It is natural to ask why you left your previous employer but it becomes quite annoying to start prying about why you left all of them and then getting into interrogation mode. Obviously people are unhappy and that is why they leave one job and move to the next or companies will have no applicants!

I was also not very pleased to be asked to travel several hundred miles (each time) for 3 separate 1-1.5 hour interviews, at least 2 of which could have been done by phone or skype, wasting time and money.

Also I started wondering why I even bothered attending, when one of the interviewers told me at the very first interview that one of the benefits of working for Siemens is that INTERNAL CANDIDATES get preferential treatment over external applicants! At a different interview I was also told that they are indeed interviewing internal candidates which was frustrating and disappointing since you know that in large organisations they will more likely than not find their candidate internally. Seems they invite external applicants just to tick employment law boxes.

Siemens HR are absolutely terrible! I had to wait 1-2 months between interviews to hear whether I had been successful to progress to the next interview. They rarely reply to emails and when contacting you, always use the wrong position title and reference number.

Obviously I had applied for positions with other companies, which were much more straightforward so when the job offer from Siemens finally came through it was too late.

I am very disappointed by the way Siemens treats its potential employees. HR are extremely unprofessional to the point of being disrespectful - I waited for months to hear from them and did not receive replies to my emails while they were interviewing their internal candidates. I was openly told that internal candidates are always given preference. Dreadful and time wasting experience.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Siemens.

Interview

Written test followed by group discussion and Technical HR