Siemens Sales Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.8

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Siemens in September 2015.

Interview

Met at a Career Fair on campus, both representatives were polite and respectful. Got invited to do an in person interview after the career fair. Although the interviewer was packing her booth while interviewing me it seemed to go well. Ended up never hearing from them again, even after a follow up interview several weeks later.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Siemens

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Siemens (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process went very well. Pretty simple. It was an interview with 2 people, my direct manager and the HR lead and they asked typical interview questions. I was just myself and it seemed to go just fine. I would say for future advice to prepare to be interviewed by two people at the same time. it wasn't very intimidating with both of them in the room though.

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Siemens.

Interview

I met with recruiters at a career fair on my university campus, landed a first-round interview for the next day. After that interview, it took 22days to get an invite for final round interviews (but I believe that process MIGHT be a little faster - like 2 weeks instead of 3- for graduating seniors). The final round interview was 6 weeks after the invite and it was an amazing experience and everyone was really nice.

Interview Questions

• They were very straight forward. I was in touch with my recruiter and received ample inside tips about questions. Basic interview questions are always a part of the process so know thyself and a little research on the company won't hurt. If going for a sales job, show that you know how to do research, be confident, and always be approachable i.e. smile and talk nicely.   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Siemens in December 2008.

Interview

I first received a phone call from the areal manager to interview with him in person. After interviewing with him in person, I received a phone call from the regional manager to have a phone intrview. After that was concluded, a few weeks passed by and I received an offer letter. After receiveing the ffer letter, I took a drug test and once the results were complete, I was given a start date for employment.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • What are the qualities of your personality that make you a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I received an offer letter that was negotiable, but I felt the offer was fair, so I accepted it immediately.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Siemens (Orlando, FL) in March 2008.

Interview

The hiring process was very formal and well-organized. I was impressed with the commitment to the process. After an initial contact at a job fair, I was given a 1:1 interview with a local company representative. Accepting a 2nd interview, the company flew about 30 candidates to the US HQ in Orlando. The process included an evening dinner at a local restaurant with high level managers, hotel stay, and a full day of information sessions interleaved with 3 interviews. Two panel interviews (3:1,2:1) on different topics, as well as a 1:1 psych/personality interview. I received an offer within two weeks, however the acceptance window was smaller than desired. Also, response to further emailed questions about the position/company were minimal.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions. How to respond to a belligerent customer or coworker.   Answer Question

I received an offer for a position that I discerned was/is better in line with my current career goals, in an industry that I had more interest in, for a company with operating ideals more to my liking.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bayswater (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Siemens (Bayswater (Australia)) in March 2017.

Interview

regular interview pattern tell me about yourself and other behaviour questions.Nothings out of extrordinary. Just be prepared about your education along with good achievements that you have earned in past may be showing them proof will be good

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Siemens (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

I met Trane at a University Career Fair, I submitted a physical copy of my resume to the HR rep and was contacted for a phone interview a few weeks later. I passed the phone interview and was invited for a meet and greet event, which I believe was a form of observational interview. About 5 months after the event I received a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about your self
      2. Tell me about a time you showed leadership skills
      3. Tell me about a time you worked effectively within a team
      4. Where do you see your self in 5 years   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Siemens (Taipei (Taiwan)) in May 2013.

Interview

1. Electronic knowledge paper test
    2. English ability test
    3. Group interview, 5 people, case cracking.
    4. One-on-one interview with HR head and VP. Question based on CV.

Group interview and one-on-one interview is most important.

Interview Questions

• What is your plan after sales engineer?   1 Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Siemens in October 2011.

Interview

Contacted via linkedin, they asked about my interest of being part of a big company, of course all the tipical questions regarding how many years how many people I interacted with

Interview Questions

• many questions were put on table, but all of those were related to my experience and capabilities   1 Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Siemens (Mumbai (India)) in January 2011.

Interview

I have not given any interview since 2008. Last interview given was to Siemens for the role of Sales & Marketing executive. There was a technical round & HR round. Based on which I was selected by the management

Interview Questions

• Sales & Marketing expertise. Why did you apply for MBA? Technical questions   1 Answer