Siemens Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 31, 2017

3.1

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The first contact was a screening call with two members of the technical staff. It was an hour long session of questions about the minutia of Java (collections, concurrency, ABC/Interfaces) and DevOps of which they were seeking very specific answers.

Interview Questions

• In Java, what is the difference between an ABC and an interface?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Siemens

Anonymous Employee in Flanders, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens (Flanders, NJ) in March 2011.

Interview

Hr called and I talked with them for 1/2 an hour. I passed this screening and was asked to write a program that would simulate a tic-tac-toe game on a 10 by 10 board and then randomly select turns and solve the game to see if anyone had won. After this I came in for a interview. During the interview, I was asked to write code in the language of my choice to solve a particular problem. After doing this, I was extended an offer which was contingent on passing a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Why I was looking for a job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated for 3 weeks vacation and got it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Siemens (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

I got interviewed at Gurgaon office in sector 29 .
    The overall interview process started with technical round . Sheer due to mismanagement my interview took place 4 hours after i arrived . Also there was no systematic way of calculating who got interviewd and who got selected .
    My interview was good and went for 30 mins . I waited for my result for an hour .Later on enquiring to a managing person He told me that i was not selected . Although i was pretty sure of my interview since i answered everything . I had a doubt but didnt knew who to ask all the guards and punes were managing everything . So i left i dropped a mail to the Hr who called me for the interview regarding this to which he said that he will update me on monday only .

After an hour of me leaving office I got a call that i cleared the interview and have a second round . Happily i went back Now this interview was design and standard based and it went awesome better than the first interview i was sure of the job now . But then later the same guy again told me to leave for the day . I was shocked again but cant do anything .
    I am pretty sure there is something going on some backdoor entry or something on my name .

Anyways i cant help

Overall all this happened due to mismanagement probably HR should be more active a

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Siemens.

Interview

We talked over skype 2 times and they invited me to Bad Neustadt. During interviews a few technical questions are asked. The face to face interview was successful and their behavior was fine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Siemens (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

They asked all questions from Core java only . My Interview was good , I answered all the question but did not get call for next round. Atleast they should informed me clearly that either cleared 1st round or not.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I interviewed at Siemens (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

A lady took my interview. I could clear it if she had some knowledge. I had to correct the questions even and answer and she was counting the point when i say the answers! But it's hard it make them agreed when they come to take interview learning the questions and answers someone taught! i'm adding the best two of those here!

Interview Questions

• Self Join

according to her table design columns of the table, ID, Name. She was saying, all the data of name column she should get space separated.

I said then you can use stuff not self join. No self join with an ID and Name column. I decided to quit the career if i was wrong.   Answer Question
    • To ensure Server Side model validations what attribute should use on the action?!

I said nothing, Http Verbs if required.
      In the model we should decorate fields with attributes required from System.ComponantModel.DataAnotations!

Interviewer told like [DataAnotations] attribute on the action should use!! Like filters and attributes!!

I was feeling like fainting!!

I lost the interview, I don't mind losing one, i have another offers in hand. But why these ppl spoiling our time. I could do something else!   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Siemens (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

Attended for Senior Java developer role in Siemens, Bangalore Electronic City Location. I got invite from Naukri. Interview process is well planned without any delay according to invite. Asked about Current Project explanation in detail and only one design question asked and judged the capability, still wondering how this company hires people.

Interview Questions

• 1.Design Service Centre - Conditions
      1.4 wheeler
      2. 2 wheeler
      3.Tags must be added for the vehicles based on the vehicle type and servicing should be processed based on the tag order.

Design and write class diagram for this scenario.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Siemens (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

They had taken six technical rounds of interview asking about Java and Hadoop. Two client rounds one Video Conference and one face to face. I had a very poor experience, even after 6 rounds of interview and saying that all the rounds feedback are positive.

And then after 3 days i got a call from consultant that you have been rejected and they didn't gave any reason. Also i sent a mail to Head HR of Siemens asking the reason of rejection but no update.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Siemens (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

I attended 2 technical and 1 manager round. All rounds were good and interative.
    Each round went for 1 hour. They dog too much to know on how strong are you in your basics.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Siemens.

Interview

Series of multiple rounds
    2 Technical rounds
    2 Managerial rounds
    1 HR round.
    Technical rounds based on C# basics and OOPs concepts, Data structures and debugging skills.
    Managerial round purely based on the SDLC phases, management of different tasks in module development.