Siemens Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Siemens Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2016

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens in July 2016.

Interview

Had a call with Hiring Manager. Asked couple of questions in Java, gave a puzzle to solve, code and submit. Didn't proceed further. The focus was on coding and algorithms mainly. It was a decent interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Siemens

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Siemens (Columbus, OH) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied through college career website. There was a 30 minute written test about java followed by a 30 minute in person interview. The written test was multiple choice but the questions seemed nuanced. The in person interview was terrible. Started with a basic behavioral question then moved on to some weird puzzle type questions. Don't remember the exact questions but the first was something about balancing marbles or something completely irrelevant to anything I'd done in my life. The interviewer kept interrupting me as I was talking through my thought process. Overall, interviewing was a waste of time.

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

The interviewer called me and did a couple of questions about my academic experience in CS, about the projects I developed during my course, the programming languages and technologies I had contact with until then and the average LOC of the biggest software developed by myself.

Interview Questions

• How was your experience with programming during your grad school?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens (Mountain View, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

applied online, than reached out by a recruiter. he scheduled a phone call with the hiring manager.
    asked very easy knowledge questions but I wasn't well prepared therefore have failed.
    also asked me about my background and it was clear it wasn't what they were looking for. Their process is also on the slow side, taking a few weeks between each stage

Interview Questions

• what are OOP basic concept?
      what design patternsdo you know?
      why do we need factory design pattern?
      what is -Polymorphism ?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Siemens (Cypress, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

First started with phone interviews. Asked questions regarding my current job and what I would expect from the new position. 3 different person asked me questions. I also described my current projects. What was the technical questions, and how did I solve them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

I applied online and the process took about 10 dates - interviewed at Siemens in Mar 2014.

Interview Questions

• Details about the projects I used to work. Some technical questions. Still waiting for call...   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens.

Interview

Phone interview first, then group interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Siemens (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Applied online at my university job website.
    Received email for initial telephone interview with hiring manager. Manger told me about the position and I told him a little about my back ground. He than ask a series of technical questions about C++ and Java. Questions where not difficult but I didn't make it to the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain the difference between map and hashmap in java?   Answer Question
    • Explain the difference between a hard and a soft link in Unix?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Siemens (Pune (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

1 aptitude and 2 Interviews
    Extreme easy apti and interview process.
    Good management.
    No programming questions to non-comp.
    Simple puzzles and basic questions testing your basic approach of student.
    Kindly do not show your skills or else you will get caught.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Siemens (Mangalore (India)).

Interview

I applied through college. It had 2 online test, technical and HR round. First online test was purely technical. C++ questions was mostly asked. Basic knowledge of class, constructor, etc. Are reqwrequired. Second online test was aptitude mostly logical reasoning questions, paragraph questions, pattern recognition. Each question was individually timed 60 or 90 second per question. Then technical interview and HR