Siemens Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Siemens Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2017

46 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Siemens.

Interview

It was a phone interview. Asked general questions such as Tell me about yourself. Everything went well. But it was a reject after few days. Can't figure out the reason :(

Interview Questions

• Why did you take up data science related subjects in undergrad. (We dont have a choice of subjects in undergrad) :(   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Siemens

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Siemens (State College, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Was contacted for a phone screen about two months after I applied online. Was invited for a onsite interview that happened about a month later. The onsite interview was with six managers from the office.

Interview Questions

• Typical resume-based and behavioral questions. No technical coding problems.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Siemens in January 2017.

Interview

first round was phone interview.. asked some technical questions related to oop. First they go through your resume, ask questions related to the resume and then they ask coding quetsions like explain inheritance, which are basic concepts.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Siemens (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

The Interview process was a video interview. They asked five to eight questions where I had a set amount of time to respond. Each question was recorded for a maximum length and the Interviewee can re-record their answers as many times as they would like. Only downside is this limited the possibility to ask questions at the end except for in written form and wait for a response.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens in July 2016.

Interview

Had a call with Hiring Manager. Asked couple of questions in Java, gave a puzzle to solve, code and submit. Didn't proceed further. The focus was on coding and algorithms mainly. It was a decent interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Siemens (Columbus, OH) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied through college career website. There was a 30 minute written test about java followed by a 30 minute in person interview. The written test was multiple choice but the questions seemed nuanced. The in person interview was terrible. Started with a basic behavioral question then moved on to some weird puzzle type questions. Don't remember the exact questions but the first was something about balancing marbles or something completely irrelevant to anything I'd done in my life. The interviewer kept interrupting me as I was talking through my thought process. Overall, interviewing was a waste of time.

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

The interviewer called me and did a couple of questions about my academic experience in CS, about the projects I developed during my course, the programming languages and technologies I had contact with until then and the average LOC of the biggest software developed by myself.

Interview Questions

• How was your experience with programming during your grad school?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens (Mountain View, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

applied online, than reached out by a recruiter. he scheduled a phone call with the hiring manager.
    asked very easy knowledge questions but I wasn't well prepared therefore have failed.
    also asked me about my background and it was clear it wasn't what they were looking for. Their process is also on the slow side, taking a few weeks between each stage

Interview Questions

• what are OOP basic concept?
      what design patternsdo you know?
      why do we need factory design pattern?
      what is -Polymorphism ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Siemens (Cypress, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

First started with phone interviews. Asked questions regarding my current job and what I would expect from the new position. 3 different person asked me questions. I also described my current projects. What was the technical questions, and how did I solve them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

I applied online and the process took about 10 dates - interviewed at Siemens in Mar 2014.

Interview Questions

• Details about the projects I used to work. Some technical questions. Still waiting for call...   Answer Question