Siemens Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 10, 2017

3.2

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens (Tallahassee, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

spoke to manager briefly at a local career conference. Friendly conversation nothing scripted. He took my resume and called me exactly two weeks later. Upfront about opportunity, interview wasnt too structured just basically an honest assessment of whether or not I would fit in to the work environment.

Interview Questions

• How well do you deal with distractions? Can you work by yourself? What motivates you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Siemens

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens (Atlanta, GA) in March 2008.

Interview

Manager provided a "scenario" for ACME customer corporation and I was asked to 'solve' their business issues and present. They were looking for a specific product recommendation in the end, one that I was not familiar with... therefore, it didn't present well (especially over the phone)

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Siemens.

Interview

I was interviewed for systems engineer job in college campus. It was of 4 rounds. The first round was aptitude which included technical. Second round was also aptitude round with logical, verbal and maths. Then the technical interview and last but not the least the H R round

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Siemens (Chennai (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was done in four rounds:

Round 1 (Programming Aptitude) - This was completely based on C++, easy enough. Knowledge of other languages won't be enough as the questions were very specific.

Round 2 (General Aptitude) - 3 sections (Numerical, Verbal and Logical). All sections were quite challenging given the limited time (time limit for every question). The numerical section required some knowledge of statistics.

Round 3 (Technical Interview) - Fairly straightforward. Tests your basic knowledge of computer science concepts (be prepared to write moderate algorithms).

Round 4 (HR interview) - Really short interview with commonly asked questions. My HR interviewer wasn't that focused on the interview and seemed really distracted.

Interview Questions

• Without any scenario or premise, "How will you manage the team?"
      Maybe it sounds simple, but coming up with a clean and good answer is hard.   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

Interview

I applied through the campus placement cell
    I got interviewed at college(chennai)
    Total process is of 4 rounds in 2 days
    Students who qualifies a round goes to the next round
    Round 1: Coding exam (Data Structures, C, C++...)
    Round 2: 'Aptitude & Fast Maths', Logical and Verbal(each question has time limit of on an 60 seconds)
    Round 3: It is a Technical Interview Round, the interview was for around 60 to 70 minutes with basic coding questions ( since I am from non coding branch) then he changed to my core (Digital Systems) then he asked 3 logical puzzles in which one was very HARD later he asked about my dreams then finally he said YOU ARE SELECTED you can attend the HR Interview so finally he gave me a shakehand and I left for next round
    Round 4: It is a HR round , it took place for about 15-20 minutes, he asked me to say something about myself then I said something and stopped he said continue ,so I just extended my introduction for some more time, then he asked about my goals, dreams, hobbies, why did you choose this college and he asked about my final year project ideas finally he asked my family details and my willingness for the job then my T-shirt size.

Interview Questions

• Assume you have 5 boxes, each box have some different number of beans in it each bean weighs 10 grams except the beans in one jar ,in that jar each bean has a weight of 9 grams (let's say some defected Seeds) now you can weigh only once and find out the jar with defected beans (you can weigh as you wish but only once)   1 Answer
    • What is an abstract class?   1 Answer
    • Let's take 2 hourglasses, One is of 11 hours timeperiod and another is of 7 hours timeperiod now use both hourglasses and calculate 15 hours   1 Answer

Negotiation

Guys don't feel tensed while going to the interview if you are calm and cool the chances of getting a job is double so... All the best

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

Interview

The hiring process was done in four rounds:

Round 2 (General Aptitude) - 3 sections consisting of 15 questions each (Numerical, Verbal and Logical). All sections were quite challenging given the limited time (time limit for every question). The numerical section required some knowledge of statistics.

Round 3 (Technical Interview) - Tests your basic knowledge of computer science concepts (be prepared to write moderate algorithms). Topics consists mainly OOPs concepts, UML, SDLC, Puzzles. The interview went on for 50 mins(approx.)

Round 4 (HR interview) - The HR asked about projects, other interests, family background. He specifically inquired about my plans for further studies. He also asked how I viewed the tech industry and current challenges.
    Went on for 25 mins(approx.)

Interview Questions

• Why did I choose Siemens and what do I understand about automation?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Siemens.

Interview

Applied to SIEMENS via college placement.
    Had 4 rounds.
    1. Written Apti
    2. Technical
    3. Another Technical
    4. HR

Revise primarily on Data Structures, OOPS and C++.
    Be thorough on Operating System and System Engineering.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Siemens (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

I got placed in SIEMENS through campus placement.
    - 2 days and 4 rounds selection process.
    - They took more than one week to announce the final selection list.

First day
    - 1st round Online technical (Multiple choice questions covers data structures, algorithms, C and C++ basics and output tracing). around 45-50 questions.
    - 2nd round Online Aptitude (only who clears 1st round). Covers basic aptitude questions and passage reading (time limit for each question).

Second day
    - 3rd round Face to face technical (only who clears 2nd round). In this round interviewer asked to write code for 2 programs either in C or C++ and 2 puzzle questions.
    - 4th round HR (only who clears 3rd round). Common HR round questions.

I hope this information will be helpful for those who willing to join SIEMENS.

Interview Questions

• Tell about yourself which is not there in resume   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Siemens.

Interview

1. Test of Aptitude plus core Java
    2. Cleared guys will face two technical round
    3. After clear the all technical round, two more round will be with HR and Department head.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between abstract class and interface in real world?   1 Answer
    • How we can sort a collection of employee data?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Siemens (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

Had five rounds. Written, two technical, managerial and HR round. The questions were to test your concept. Basic JavaScript and Object oriented JavaScript questions. Basics of HTML5 and CSS3. The written test was easy. All concept of prototype and this object