Siemens USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Siemens USA Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2017

2.9

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Siemens USA in January 2017.

Interview

Mine started with a phone interview request. A week after the phone interview, I received a request to schedule an in-person interview at the hiring location. Approximately, a week later I received a request to come in for a panel interview. They are in the process of deciding on which candidate from the interviews at this time.

Interview Questions

• How I would react in various situations. Most questions were behavioral based.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Siemens USA.

Interview

The complete process was held in four stages (screener, in-person with team, hiring manager, and vice president) and over the course of two and half months. I needed to travel to multiple locations to meet with all of the interviewers, and people I would closely interact with on an almost daily basis.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my experiences in other roles and how I think that will translate to this company in this position.   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Siemens USA (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

For internship it was very easy. Just one round of telephonic interview. It was directly with the manager with whom I would be working If got selected. For full time you have to go through atleast 6 rounds of interview.

Interview Questions

• What I did in my academics and my experience at my previous company.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer- HVAC Controls Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens USA (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I had two interviews for this position. The first one was at the Siemens office in Houston and the second one was at the San Antonio location. I was interviewed by two people during my first interview. One guy was the engineering supervisor and the other guy was an experienced individual. The second time, four people interviewed me. This interview consisted of the same engineering supervisor and 3 other engineers that worked there. I was a little nervous but they were nice and so I was comfortable.

Interview Questions

• 1) What is Ohm's Law?
      2) What is the power formula?
      3) What was your least and most favorite class as an undergrad?
      4) Do you have any experience with AUTOCAD?
      5) What are you strengths and weaknesses?
      6) Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      7) Why did you choose the university you graduated from?
      8) How do you feel about working in teams?
      9) Tell us about yourself
      10) Can you troubleshoot a computer?
      11) Any experience with Microsoft Office?
      Answer Question

Researchfor Machine Learning Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Siemens USA (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

1. First let you briefly describe the main project on your CV and ask several question during your description.
    2. Ask some questions about the intern you will do. If you have relevant experience, the interviewer will ask some questions about that.
    3. Ask some question about programming.
    4. Talk about the internship you apply for and the requirements. You can ask the interview if you have any questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is the function of a virtual deconstruct in a C++ class?
      Q: Do you know some design patterns in OOP programming?
      Q: How to accelerate the rendering when we do ray tracing?
      Q: Describe a reinforcement learning algorithm. (like Q-learning)
      Answer Question

Forklift Operator, Material Handler, Etc Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Siemens USA (Sacramento, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a pleasant and calm interview, wasn't bad at all , not like a rocket science kinda thing. You greet yourself , talked about your experience and knowledge and explain a little about yourself . Ask a few questions to the interviewer. Plain and simple and easy. Was a 1 on 1 interview. I interview with Kenneth Tubbs. He is a supervisor working for siemen in the one located in North Highland or somewhere around there. After the interview he walked me out and said he'll give me a call if they make a hiring decision.

Siemens FLDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Siemens USA (Alpharetta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Interviewed on Campus. Interviewed at Alpharetta office. Case study, group panel informational session. 4 45 minute interviews. One was with a CFO of one of the divisions in Siemens.
    They were helpful in flying me up to Atlanta. Flight got delayed. They had a shuttle pick me up from the airport and bring me to HQ. Very friendly people in the program. Definitely learned more about the program.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through the accounting sheets (BS, IS, Statement of Cashflows)   Answer Question

Warehouse Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Siemens USA (Charlotte, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

One on one and then a 2 person interview in another room. First interview went well. Asked me general questions about what I did and why I wanted to work for Siemens. Second interview was very odd. One person had only been on the job for a few days and the other person had already quit and was moving on.

Interview Questions

• The 2 people that interviewed me kept asking why I would want to leave my current position after such a long time?   1 Answer

Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Siemens USA (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Met with several principal stakeholders individually. It was a 3 hour process and they made it as comfortable as possible. Each stakeholder asked specific and direct questions as to my ability to assist in their area.

Systemss Consultant Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Siemens USA (Irving, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

They asked a simple questions about board design as it relates to postal sortation machines. They wanted to know if I knew how to use Mentor DxDesigner or similar. I answered that I used PADS in the past which was a forerunner to DxDesigner.

Interview Questions

• Have you used Mentor DxDesigner?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple. There's no negotiation!