Sierra Circuits Administrative Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sierra Circuits Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sierra Circuits (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied and interviewed with Sierra under the impression I was interviewing for an Administrative Assistant job. However, it ended up being a different position all together, which was not what I had expected or even wanted to do. After applying, I was given a test that covered math, grammar, and composition. I am not sure what this had to do with anything related to the job, but I complied anyway. After about a week, I heard back for an interview. The interviewer had to rush out of the interview within a couple of minutes of meeting me because of a family vacation he had planned, which was unprofessional to me because this interview had been scheduled days in advance. He passed me off to one of the members of the sales team, who had no idea what he was talking about. The interview was very disorganized and he clearly was out of his element when I was asked if I knew what a cell phone was. Speaking of cell phones, he was consistently looking at his during the interview. I was asked basic things like if I didn't mind speaking on the phone, and they brought up their concern that all my customer service experience was in person vs over phone. It was very difficult to keep track of his train of thought because he seemed to be obsessed with making sure I knew that PCBs were everywhere. Then he asked what I like to do in my free time, and I mentioned I liked music and concerts, he decided to make sure I knew concerts had equipment that use PCBs. Ultimately, they did offer me the job, and because I was desperate to find something, I accepted. I ended up in a glorified customer service position, needing to make cold calls over the phone to old customers who hadn't ordered within the last year, keep tabs on status of all orders placed, run the customer support chat, run the credit card payments, write the standard operating procedure manual for the job I just started, and a host of other things in this position. I was expected to learn all of this in aabout a week to two weeks. In summation, the job was falsely advertised, and HR had no intentions of telling me when I said I was applying for an administrative assistant job that the position was actually a customer service specialist.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what a cell phone is? Do you know it uses PCB?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sierra Circuits

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Circuits (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

I received a phone call about a position that had opened up and was told to come in the following day. I needed about an hour and a half to complete the interviewing process, which included a test on mathematics, grammar, and composition, as well as a typing speed test. After this process was completed, I waited about 15 minutes for the manager to come and interview me. He seemed like he was in a hurry, and just asked the basic questions. He hired me on the spot and I started about a week and a half later.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I preferred working with numbers or with customers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Zero negotiation. For the amount of work and expected learning curve, the pay rate should have been much higher.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sierra Circuits (Sunnyvale, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

First,they let me take a typing test to see how fast I type.Also,there's a spelling test and an essay question for you to write.Afterwards,I interviewed with one of the HR lady. She asked me questions regarding to my resume.

Interview Questions

• why did you apply for admin position when you have an accounting degree?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sierra Circuits in April 2011.

Interview

The interview consisted of a typing, short essay, spelling, and arithmetic test followed by a one one one interview with a sales manager.

Interview Questions

• With your degree, why are you interested in working with our company?   Answer Question